TRU Carrying LOTR Before Anyone Else?

I was at TRU today, and they had BG for $70 and PSA for $120.  I know that these prices are typical, but they are still ridiculous.  Do any of you insiders know when we will get them at Wal-Mart, Target, etc for retail?  Also, do any of you have these in your local Wal-Marts?

I was at TRU today, and they had BG for $70 and PSA for $120.  I know that these prices are typical, but they are still ridiculous.  Do any of you insiders know when we will get them at Wal-Mart, Target, etc for retail?  Also, do any of you have these in your local Wal-Marts?

Yeah, I saw them at my TRUs around a week ago. I went to Target yesterday and they already had the labels and prices of the new LOTR sets on the shelves, so I am sure they will be getting them within the week they are officially released. Also, the only LOTR set from the first wave that was still on the shelves was Mines of Moria.

Yeah, I saw them at my TRUs around a week ago. I went to Target yesterday and they already had the labels and prices of the new LOTR sets on the shelves, so I am sure they will be getting them within the week they are officially released. Also, the only LOTR set from the first wave that was still on the shelves was Mines of Moria.

I wonder why MOM is such a poor seller?  It is only worth $20 used, so maybe no one wants to pay retail for them.

I bought a PSA for my kid to build when TRU had the BOGO and the 10 dollar giftcard offer during the same week. He just wanted a ship to build, so this was a cheaper option for me than trying to seek out a Black Pearl or QAR just to open them. I saved a little money as a result of the BOGO...instead of 50% off it ended up being like 10% due to TRU's inflated prices...lol. 

I just looked at the BP price guide.  :mellow:

Just a tip here, this is one of the worst ways to gather the value of the set, not that Ed and Jeff didn't set it up right, but because people list things on ebay in funny ways. It is hard to filter out incomplete sets from the listing data they get every month, here is a bit of homework for you, try searching through the "SOLD" listings on ebay and find some Mines of Moria's that are selling COMPLETE with minifigs for $20, there aren't many even if you can find one. Most are selling for between $40 and $60 after shipping, thats about 2-3x what the brickpicker guide says.