Scorpion's Soul pirate ship

Diabolos80

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody dare to to and price this thing out, gte a feel for how much "real value" went into it?  I assume there's nowhere near $1500 worth of actual parts in there, so you're paying a pretty hefty price tag for some custom sails and decals.  I'm not trying to disparage the guy for taking a stab at the big bucks, and if he happens upon a collector with money to burn then good on him, but honestly seeing something like this would more likely inspire me to build my own then it would get me to open the checkbook...

Anybody dare to to and price this thing out, gte a feel for how much "real value" went into it?  I assume there's nowhere near $1500 worth of actual parts in there, so you're paying a pretty hefty price tag for some custom sails and decals.  I'm not trying to disparage the guy for taking a stab at the big bucks, and if he happens upon a collector with money to burn then good on him, but honestly seeing something like this would more likely inspire me to build my own then it would get me to open the checkbook...

To me, Lego is an art medium, just like paint or stone. When you buy art, you aren't paying for the materials.

Considering the piece count (5700) and the details in the ship I find it a ''reasonable'' price....

but for 1500$ I would rather buy 10 big sets and be way more happy :P (even at retail lol)

Considering the piece count (5700) and the details in the ship I find it a ''reasonable'' price....

but for 1500$ I would rather buy 10 big sets and be way more happy :P (even at retail lol)

It certainly is well made, but for $1,500 you could probably build the thing yourself basically. The sails seem to be the only custom 'parts' of the build far as I can see. Like you, I'd rather put that kind of cash into a bunch of retail sets and do my own thing.

It is too bad that the Pirate theme may not make a comeback.

It certainly is well made, but for $1,500 you could probably build the thing yourself basically. The sails seem to be the only custom 'parts' of the build far as I can see. Like you, I'd rather put that kind of cash into a bunch of retail sets and do my own thing.

It is too bad that the Pirate theme may not make a comeback.

Yeh but searching and ordering and paying to likely 50 different people on BL and awaiting orders and so on and on, likely outweights the purchase price (to me atleast)

It would be a mess building this ship alone I know it.

But to me ships dont hold much value (like trains)

I prefer Castles and landscapes!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...