Friends 2013

Rich B

that is one nice set ... one to look for for investing?? anyone know the MSRP?

Darth Lego has the correct retail right here.

It is supposed to be $69.99 in U.S. dollars.

What I'm confused about is the original release date shown at the Toy Fair where this premiered at showed a date of August, yet on Brickipedia it says November. :scratchhead: It wouldn't be the first time Brickipedia was wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a review of the other "big" Friends set that's being released this summer!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83373

I love the new navy blue/yellow/lavender color scheme. I guess navy's the new turquoise.

Anyway, from a builder's perspective, I love how it's modular like Olivia's House. Both those sets make me want to build additional "rooms" to add on to. For the school, I could definitely see Olivia's Invention Workshop and Emma's Fashion Design Studio fitting in there perfectly if they had their own classrooms. Mia's drum set could go in that music/art studio. Stephanie's Soccer Practice would go nicely outside.

I see a lot of repeat builds from other friends sets (the picnic table from Adventure Camper, the cashier/food counter from the Cafe, the microscope from Olivia's Invention Workshop). The new things I look forward to building are the lockers, the telescope, the student desks, and those bookends! I just love it when there's a place to "stow" all the prop items (the Adventure Camper is the worst offender!). Frankly, I am tired of apples, carrots, hair bows, hair brushes, dog bones, spatulas, and laptops rolling all over the place! Does this bother anyone else??

I am looking forward to this set. One question though...what's up with the owl?

Name: Heartlake High

Number: 41013

Pieces: 487

Minidolls: 3

Retail: US - $49.99, CAN - $?, AUS - $69.99, UK -

Edited by TheOrcKing
Added set information and image.

Guest ph4tb0i

wait till release, check amazon every day, track via camel camel camel, ****** when dirt cheap, wait a bit more after snatching, resell back to the market.

ah the (lego) circle of life... :D

And an owl? ORLY?

Ha.

Thanks for posting the review, wholovesboo. I've never been into highschool related items and such but this is very nice. I see some delightful parts like the Artist's paintbrush, Stephanie's guitar, Crazy Scientist's flask, the ol' NBA baskball and hoop combo (those are making a welcome comeback), and......more fruit. :lol: The simple yet effective modular esque system is great and inspirational. I :heart: it!

LOL...Cake Mania!

Thanks for posting this. I didn't realize how small this set was. Looks half the size of the City Park Cafe. I guess this isn't a sit down place! I like the indented doorway with the black and white tile. I like the use of the window displays. I like how there's new pastries to build! Though I did spot a cherry in there that's definitely going to be rolling around on the floor. Argh. I'd take a Lego stud representation of a cherry that can be attached to a Lego cake over a realistic looking cherry that can't stay on top of anything any day!

The giant phone handset looks like fun. Though Mia might fall over from its weight if her feet aren't attached to the floor. I see the same giant croissant that also came with Mia's Picnic polybag. By the way, there's no elegant way for Mia (or any mini doll) to hold that croissant. She just looks like she's wielding a weapon or a boomerang :)

I'm definitely getting this set for myself to build. Curious to see how this Bakery does compared to the Cafe.

Guest ph4tb0i

I feel like this is going to be a huge winner down the road. it actually looks really good and something I'd love to put into my Lego city..

The anticipated second batch of Friends sets have been spotted on TRU online (www.toysrus.com):

41009 Andrea's Bedroom ($9.99) and 41010 Olivia's Beach Buggy ($9.99) are available for online ordering now.

41015 Dolphin Cruiser ($74.99), 41006 Downtown Bakery ($32.99), and 41013 Emma's Sports Car ($14.99) are only listed as "Sold in stores" right now (though you can sign up for their "Email me when available" alerts). However, I didn't see any of these new sets at my local TRU today. Keep your eyes peeled!

I am sure  The Toys R Us  Price for the Dolphin Cruiser at $74.99 will change sooner or later as retail is $69.99, and I mean by change is the price will be at least $10-15 Overpriced.

Well, the $74.99 is only during "Hot Price on LEGO" promotion.  I am sure it will be $89.99 during the next BOGO50 sale ;)