Friends 2013

Rich B

How long with the mid range set be out like Olivia's House, Vet, and Stables?

Wish I knew. For buying purposes, the end of the year is the soonest any of these will go away, but I could see the iconic (and well selling) Olivia's House sticking around for another year.

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted some of the new Friends sets at a brick and mortar TRU today for the first time (even tho they've been removed from the website). Lots of Emma's Sports Car, Andrea's Bedroom, and Olivia's Buggy. Only one Corner Bakery left on the shelf. No sign of Dolphin Cruise or Heartlake High yet. All were at TRU full price. Got a free Z-95 Headhunter with my purchase. I had to really dig around to find one though. Finally found someone else's stash in another aisle. Heh heh heh

Anyone else seen the new Friends sets in stores yet?

My oldest daughter is very excited about the dolphin cruiser. I wished it was supposed to be released earlier so she could get it for her birthday. She is getting summer riding camp instead and she'll have to wait for Christmas for the cruiser. I think the cruiser is going to be sailing off the shelves.

• 2 weeks later...

I've already left little comments here and there about new Friends sets popping up before the August 1 drop date, but I thought I'd consolidate here for those looking out for Friends stuff.

I've now spotted the new Friends sets at 3 retailers -- their brick and mortar stores only, not online.

Toys R Us:

TRU had it first. I saw all 6 new sets (41005 Heartlake High, 41006 Downtown Bakery, 41009 Andrea's Bedroom, 41010 Olivia's Beach Buggy, 41013 Emma's Sports Car, and 41015 Dolphin Cruiser) at my 2 closest TRU's starting at least 2 weeks ago. They were also selling a couple of the sets on TRU.com earlier this month, and some of us were able to successfully place orders, but they were soon taken off the website and then reposted saying "Available 8/1/2013 In Store and Online". All items were/are at TSRP (T = TRU :) )

Target:

Even though none of the existing Friends sets has been marked for clearance at my Targets (ok, maybe 1 set, but that's it), I spotted the Downtown Bakery, Andrea's Bedroom, and Emma's Sports Car stocked among the existing sets today. There were even 2 Dolphin Cruisers hastily stacked on top. All prices MSRP. Target.com has no mention of these new sets.

Lego Store:

The one I went to today had all the new Friends sets out, except for the Dolphin Cruiser. MSRP of course. Lego LEGO Shop at Home still says "Coming Soon on 1 Aug 2013".

If you've spotted the new sets anywhere else, please post...especially if you've found it for sale online before the "official" availability date.

• Like 1

Dang, and here I haven't seen any of the second wave Friends sets yet. Downtown Bakery, Emma's Sports Car, and Olivia's Beach Buggy are ones I really want right out the gate. My Target had City Park Cafe for $27 I think (a better deal than even Amazon) a month or so ago. Everything else was retail with the exception of some small ones for a dollar off. No deals ever at Walmart though (the greedy buggers).

Dang, and here I haven't seen any of the second wave Friends sets yet. Downtown Bakery, Emma's Sports Car, and Olivia's Beach Buggy are ones I really want right out the gate. My Target had City Park Cafe for $27 I think (a better deal than even Amazon) a month or so ago. Everything else was retail with the exception of some small ones for a dollar off. No deals ever at Walmart though (the greedy buggers).

Oh I built Olivia's Beach Buggy the other day. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. The pineapple was awesome :)

The LEGO stores were ordered to release all Aug. 1st sets early due to slow sales this quarter. They are hoping the new sets cause an early surge (which they are).

I was going to make a stop at a LEGO store today to get a 75021 Republic Gunship for building/collecting, but I decided to wait till they come out at the Targets around me so I can get 5% off with my Mom's Redcard. (She uses her card then I pay her back later.) I've checked a few Targets a couple of days ago and the newest sets they had were the new LOTR, Castle, and Coast Guard sets.

I saw the Dolphin Cruiser and the High school at a Walmart in Calgary, Alberta last Saturday.  They were there, but there was no spot on the shelf for them yet.  They were in incorrectly labeled spots...  I usually buy them in the US though...

I was surprised to see the new Friends sets in my local Tesco today, so I guess TLG have just given the green light to everyone to start selling?  I wonder why business is slow?  I guess Chima/TMNT/Hobbit/IronMan didn't resonate as well as LOTR/Ninjago/Marvel/DC last year.  As others have said about TMNT, when the movie comes out, there should be a pop.  And maybe Chima will pick up when more cartoons are shown.