Kids say the darnest things...

weakside

Some of us members have little kids or remember when your kids were small...here's my story.   

My son is 3.5yrs old and this spring I built a Star Wars MOC to surprise him, even mom didn't have a clue I turned one of our rooms into Lego fun room.  So a MOC is never truly 100% done so I showed it to him anyways...he was excited walking around the table looking at all the pieces and minifigs.  Only missing Darth Vader and I need to open an Empire Strikes Out dvd for him...but at one end of the table is a 'bad guys' base with conference room, table + chairs etc.  Seated are Darth Maul, Palpatine,  Asajj Ventress, Count Doku, Nute Gunray and Savage Opress.  My son says 'Darth Vader is having a birthday party!'  that just made me laugh.  He also noticed the storm troopers outside the room standing guard and said 'we need more chairs for the storm troopers.'  How cute.  Guess as a parent we think our kids are funny/cute.   

Once in a while I go check out the MOC and see my son has moved minifigures to where he think's they should be...any empty seats are filled haha.  For some reason he takes Lego food (pizza/drum sticks) from the Rebel base to the 'dark side' all the  time hehe.  To my surprise compared to his other toys he's actually pretty gentle with Lego and if friends come over, he always moves minifigures back to where 'they belong' in his mind.  Recently he help me put together an Ewoks Attack set to add to the MOC...good for fine motor skills and imagination I tell me wife :)  Think a Tower Bridge is too much for the litte guy?  JK.     

Members have any amusing stories?

My son likes to take apart mini figures and put them back together "differently." It drives me crazy and it's largely why we have doubles of most of the Star Wars mini figs (ours vs his)... but one day when he was putting Darth Maul's horn ring on Luke's head on Boba Fett's body I asked him why. He said to me: "They come apart so we can put them back together and I like them this way." He was right of course and I no longer care if he does it.

(now we concentrate on the "don't lose the small pieces" problem with Lego mini figure accessories)

My one year old son out of the blue said the word helmet clear as a crystal the other day.  Hasn't said it again since.  It might have been because we were playing with the Lego SW stormtrooper and Darth Vader flashlights and swapping their helmets...

Here's some pics of my first MOC my son and other kids enjoy playing with at our home.  Not an SW's expert so probably lots of 'errors' haha.  Give me an up arrow if you like...and if you didn't like than I'll try to do better next time lol.  Would like to do a LOTR/medieval theme next time.     

• Like 2

My one year old son out of the blue said the word helmet clear as a crystal the other day.  Hasn't said it again since.  It might have been because we were playing with the Lego SW stormtrooper and Darth Vader flashlights and swapping their helmets...

That's cool.  With small kids I'm always worried they will put pieces in their mouths but so far so good.  

Great work on the MOC. I need to find the time to do something like that.

When the Ewok village video came out, we watched it a few times. That was a few days ago. Tonight my son decided to draw an Ewok Village comic (he turns 5 tomorrow). His drawings are stick figure-like, but it is very clear what he is drawing, based off of a memory from a few days ago. The funniest is he recently saw Star Wars (ep 4) for the first time, so his Princess Leia is very easy to identify due to her hair. :preved: