21105 - The Village & 21106 - The Nether

TheOrcKing

The Brick Fan just posted that Hungarian site, Kockamania, has reported two more Minecraft sets will be designed and released in the future. To clarify, this is not another production run but two newly designed sets which will complement the original one as extenstions.

Here's the article on The Brick Fan.

Considering how bare bones simple the original Minecraft set was, I wonder how exactly could they offer something different than before?

Interesting news! I`m not a fan of the original set, but if this is true, then I think it opens up the possibility that we may see 3 Back to the Future models at some point as well. I`ll be all over those  :spiteful:

That would be interesting for sure.  I can understand why Lego would produce more minecraft considering how popular it has been.  I suppose the sales of the Back to the Future set will determine whether more will be created.

Take a look at the "Sales and Discounts" section - the #1 selling Lego set on Amazon is Minecraft. I am ecstatic that they are coming out with new sets from Minecraft because that is going to continue to drive demand for the original.

I am thinking about stocking up on Amazon now...

• Like 2

Also, S@H is out of stock until June 23 - why? Because these are popular, well selling sets, and they will continue to be popular after retirement. I just hope the original is retired at the end of the year, although my guess is mid next year.

Also, my guess is that some investor/flippers have already tried to liquidate some of their inventory of this set, so retirement inventory could be lower than normal.

• 4 weeks later...

The Brick Fan posted an article revealing details as to what the next two CUUSOO Minecraft sets will be based around. 21105 will be "The Nether" region, while 21106 is "The Village" area of the game. No pricing or actual images yet but I would suspect each of these will retail for the same price as the original Minecraft set of $34.99.

Minecraft: The Nether (21105)
2011-05-19_16.36.14.png

Minecraft: The Village (21106)
Overhead_NPC_Village.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking at this set at the Lego store today. It sells for $45 in Canada, and I just can't get around paying retail for this, since it doesn't look like your typical Lego set. Has anyone ever found the Minecraft set on discount?

I don't live in Canada, but I was able to get 2 for 10% off in B&******, with my membership.  I have 10 right now + 1 built (it's alright, but it has a cult like following).  I wouldn't want it to retire and not have a bunch.