Speed Racer - general discussion

legomyeggos

Speed Racer can be considered a subtheme of Lego's Racers theme at best, but it really was a very minor theme in the end. The car builds were decent but filled with so many gaps and other design flaws. They looked fine from a distance and were play ready but didn't look so good when examined from remotely close up.

Since we're on the subject, I liked the movie the sets were taken from which may be funny because I don't care for the original animated series. I have tried watching that so many times but, for the love of pete, they talk so freakin' fast all it does is give me a headache!

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
On 6/8/2013 at 12:10 AM, TheOrcKing said:

Speed Racer can be considered a subtheme of Lego's Racers theme at best, but it really was a very minor theme in the end. The car builds were decent but filled with so many gaps and other design flaws. They looked fine from a distance and were play ready but didn't look so good when examined from remotely close up.

Since we're on the subject, I liked the movie the sets were taken from which may be funny because I don't care for the original animated series. I have tried watching that so many times but, for the love of pete, they talk so freakin' fast all it does is give me a headache!

Loved the cartoon as a kid, and then there was Trixie ;) 

F80EBB1F-7192-47DE-B686-4E77D0001914.webp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Loved the cartoon as a kid, and then there was Trixie ;) 

Holy blast from the past, Batman! Haha.

Admittedly I have gained a better appreciation for the series since then after looking into the history of the English dub not to mention checking out the complete series release from a few years ago. Also, scenes like this are just magic.

And yes, Trixie was a cutie patootie.

• Like 1