IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!

TheOrcKing

I find the current trend of Lego sets based upon movie franchises interesting.  CUUSOO is kind of reversing the theme development that Lego has used recently with a number of their current themes.  Instead of representing soon-to-be-released movies sets, CUUSOO is becoming a means of getting old, popular movies retroactively released in Lego form.  These, coupled with the current movie-related themes, are really beginning to tilt the Lego product line heavily toward movie themes.

Ten years ago, the only movie ever represented in Lego form on a broad scale was Star Wars, yet now we're looking at Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, a number of DC and Marvel Super Heroes (Iron Man, Superman MoS, Spiderman, Avengers, etc.) and the aforementioned Star Wars, along with the new Lego Movie and Ninjago movie in development, and these upcoming CUUSOO entries for BTTF, Ghostbusters (unapproved) and possibly Wizard of Oz.  That's quite a product line shift in a relatively short amount of time.  I expect this trend continues as Lego uses these blockbusters as free advertising to sell their toys and to convert non-traditional markets to buyers of their other themes.

• Like 1

It makes sense when you think about it. Why try to do a generic "adventurers" line when you can license Indiana Jones and probably sell twice as many sets. I agree that the idea of going back and doing lines on sets people wished would have been Lego is pretty interesting.

Agreed, and without the need for significant advertising expenditures.  The movies themselves pour millions into advertising their movie, which is an indirect (yet effective) advertisement for the Lego sets.  How smart to leverage someone else's ad dollars for your own sales.

I love that there's a BTTF DeLorean (although it's final form isn't great (might still pick one up though)) and I'm a fan of the Ghostbusters car BUT would love to see more original themes like the V&A Steamworks one and that space troopers theme. Tired of all the non-original ideas, it's not very creative!

My fingers are crossed on the Wizard of Oz. That would be an amazing set of have produced, no matter what scene they decide to depict if it is chosen. Not too much of a fan of the VF-1 project, as giant robots usually aren`t my thing. That said, it is a unique idea for a Lego theme. Ghostbusters would be great as well, but I`d still push for the Wizard of Oz above all else in this round of review. 

Here's a little report on the current CUUSOO projects, both in review, and those waiting to pass the 10,000 threshold. 

TOP 6 MOST SUPPORTED CUUSOO PROJECTS:

post-5354-0-90857900-1379192421_thumb.pn

CUUSOO PROJECTS CURRENTLY IN REVIEW STAGE - FALL 2012 THROUGH FALL 2013

post-5354-0-32349400-1379192618_thumb.pn

CUUSOO reactions to the SEVEN projects in the Fall 2013 Review.

Why CUUSOO Reviews take so long:

Why does it take so long?

Since we began quarterly review batches last year, we

• 1 month later...

The newest LEGO CUUSOO Project that will pass the 10,000 supporter threshold is Japanese Old Style Architecture designed by Taxon55 (at the time of this posting, the project is a mere 21 supports). I'm hoping that this one will pass review by the LEGO CUUSOO team, especially since we should get some very nice "earthy" tones (greens, tans, and browns).

post-5354-0-66462900-1384035527_thumb.jp

post-5354-0-74431500-1384035516_thumb.jp

post-5354-0-19688700-1384035520_thumb.jp

post-5354-0-66503200-1384035524_thumb.jp

The next set we should expect to pass 10,000 supporters is The Adventure Time Project designed by jazlecraz. It is currently at around 9,400 supporters.