Galaxy Squad - Set Reviews

TheOrcKing

Brickset has only just posted a review for Crater Creeper (70706), but I suspect more will be on the way in the near future so I am posting this one topic for all four sets of Galaxy Squad's second wave here as they come in. Anyway, here is the link for the first one.

Name: Crater Creeper Number: 70706 Pieces: 171 Minifigures: 2

Retail: US - $19.99, CAN - $24.99, AUS - $29.99, UK -

I like the green trooper.  He reminds me of the main character from Doom.  If anyone here is old enough to remember that series.  I need to pick one up at some point whether it is the minifigure polybag or the set at a good price just to get him and throw the rest into the mixed parts bin.

I like the green trooper.  He reminds me of the main character from Doom.  If anyone here is old enough to remember that series.

I had not thought of that. And dude, I am a totally serious 'Doom'er! I don't care how many years later it will be, I will still play the heck of out of that game and frag my way to Hell on a valley of Demons and Imps sorry carcasses from my BFG! :comando:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking at all the different reviews for these sets. I find them sort of interesting, but they are really overlooked. This may be mainly because of all the other licensed themes there are like The Hobbit, LOTR, and Star Wars. All the licensed themes relate to a movie or something like that. That is why many people recognize the set and buy it. I see this as another theme from TLG, that they thought of, just like Atlantis and Pharaoh's Quest, which are doing very poorly in the secondary market right now. Also, Star Wars is the main competition for Galaxy Squad, and we know that Star Wars is very popular, and does well in the secondary market. The other licensed themes and non licensed themes like City are some competition for the theme. People can relate to the sets in the City theme. There are fire and police stations, fire trucks and police cars, and much, much more. These are all relate-able things. I can not relate to humans fighting Aliens in space. I just can't. These sets are really overlooked by many factors from many different themes, but from an investing purpose, if those sets are overlooked, they are not popular. Popularity is a large factor in the value of a set in the secondary market. If a set is not popular, then it's value will not rise in the secondary market. If the set is not popular know does not mean that it won't be popular in the future. One person might overlook the set now, and then see it on eBay, after the set is retired, and want that set then. They would probably pay a decent amount of money to get it. If this happens, these sets are probably under the radar sets, which would make these good investments in the future.

Okay. I done ranting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went to Walmart and Target today, and I noticed some very different things about the Galaxy Squad sets in both stores. In Walmart, there was only one set on the self, and it was the marked at 40% off. I did not buy it, but then I went to Target, and noticed that the same set was there for $11.99, and there was a lot of those sets on the shelf along with all the other Galaxy Squad sets, which were all at retail price. After looking at these two differences, I think that these sets, are somewhat popular sets, but people do not want to pay retail for all those sets, and they wait for stores to clearance them. After they are clearanced, people will buy those sets. But some people may not be able to pick up the sets at clearance prices and may have to pay full retail to get them. After seeing this, I am starting to think that these sets may be investment worthy. Unfortunately, this is only based off seeing what is on the shelves at two stores. This may be more accurate if I go to other stores and look at their stock of Galaxy Squad sets.

• 2 months later...