10234 - Sydney Opera House

Etan

This set reminds me of the SSD the piece count isn't that high but if you have seen the Lego video on the opera house its huge. It looks bigger than the TB and the taj mahal and they both have 1000+ more pieces.

I have said this recently but I will say it again, this is a good year to be not only an investor, but a collector and builder as well. I call BS on anyone who is not happy with this years offerings from TLG.

Agreed. I have struggled to consider the investing side of a lot of these sets, simply because I am overwhelmed with how awesome they are.

And if that is the case, well, they should be pretty damn awesome later on for investment purposes :money:

just wanted to know, will this be in scale with mini figures? wouldve looked nice if he included some minifigures walking around ... for that matter are the other big time creator sets like Eifel and Taj also in scale with mini figures?

Well....you could have minifigures walking around but it may not quite look exactly realistic in scale. I am tempted to place some tourists around this build though for the heck of it! :P

This set reminds me of the SSD the piece count isn't that high but if you have seen the Lego video on the opera house its huge. It looks bigger than the TB and the taj mahal and they both have 1000+ more pieces.

That was exactly what I thought, comparing it to the SSD. I am really impressed with the final design and this will be a fantastic set to add to my collection in due time. The build looks like it's going to be a blast, I friggin love these huge sets!

TLG is on fire this year, and I'm just glad all the new sets coming out will be on the shelf for a while as I am draining my extra savings account stocking up on sets before they retire.

I wonder if the interior has any detail? Oh and cover your ears naysayers......................wait for it, wait for it.........this set is gonna be a GOLDMINE!!!!!!! Scratch my idea about bundling the architecture series SOH with this one, no one is gonna want that POS now!!

In time... I have a feeling you are going to have to wait quite a while to do any mining.  This might be one of those sets that stays around for quite a while.

Guest eightbrick

:shocked:  Amazing. I'm taking donations, by the way.

This provides further credibility that TB is going to retire soon.....