9476 - The Orc Forge retiring

Might break down and get one a cough..retail. Looks like only 1 store in my surrounding area has some and that store is not really close to me. Very disappointed that I never caught this set on sale (if it ever was).

the only sale you will see on this set is by using the target red card (5%). it's not much, but better than nothing. i bought 8 at retail (using the red card for 5% off), and i feel comfortable about it. it's only a $40 set to begin with, but once it goes eol and isn't available anymore, it should at least double and maybe triple in value in 2-3 years due to it's exclusivity.

Weird that they are sold out from alot of the Lego stores. My local store in Austin has at least 20 or more of them, everything else from LOTR is gone from there, but there's still a crapload of forges. Maybe they got an extra shipment or something.

We have a few Targets here in town and I have never seen an Orc Forge in store.

I thought I was in the same boat, but I actually saw an Orc Forge at a Target that I do not frequent today. There was a hole in the box so I did not buy it, but at least I have seen it now!!!!!

i just checked my two targets here in green bay, and they are both sold out of the orc forge. one of them doesn't even have a spot on the shelf or a tag for it anymore. the other one does but there has been an empty hole since i cleaned them out three weeks ago. if target is your only avenue of getting your hands on this exclusive, i wouldn't wait too much longer if you still have stock available. i'm glad i bought my 8 when i did.

i just checked my two targets here in green bay, and they are both sold out of the orc forge. one of them doesn't even have a spot on the shelf or a tag for it anymore. the other one does but there has been an empty hole since i cleaned them out three weeks ago. if target is your only avenue of getting your hands on this exclusive, i wouldn't wait too much longer if you still have stock available. i'm glad i bought my 8 when i did.

Still plenty of time in my opinion.... all in stock throughout Europe and US...

I hope I have time to buy this set but I'm just wondering when it will go EOL? The last time I saw it wasn't too long ago at my Target and they were all stocked up on it.

we made a Target detour on the way to the local Lego store. Target had three 9476 Orcs in-stock. The toy dept. mgr gave me 5% off each (after asking) plus another 5% with the redcard. 10% off isn't huge especially with sales tax but it is better than nothing (and the same sort of discount i would have received at lego with 2x VIPs).

these are the only 3 i have of this set so i'm happy.

You guys have two days of double VIP left at Lego.com, so you should just snag a few from there before Monday.

double points are nice, but the extra $16 in shipping and tax i'd be paying on top of the regular retail of $39.99/ each for two of these pretty much eats up the bonus points and then some. target is the way to go. 5% redcard discount, no shipping, and here in wisconsin only 5.5% sales tax. i'm hoping my targets restock. i would like a few more.

we made a Target detour on the way to the local Lego store. Target had three 9476 Orcs in-stock. The toy dept. mgr gave me 5% off each (after asking) plus another 5% with the redcard. 10% off isn't huge especially with sales tax but it is better than nothing (and the same sort of discount i would have received at lego with 2x VIPs).

how did you manage an extra 5% discount from the dept manager? were they dinged? not sure why they would discount them "just because" if they were not damaged or on clearance. good for you though. i never think to ask unless it's on clearance and they have a ton of them (quantity discount) or if the box is damaged a bit. you will have to share your secret technique with us!

how did you manage an extra 5% discount from the dept manager? were they dinged? not sure why they would discount them "just because" if they were not damaged or on clearance. good for you though. i never think to ask unless it's on clearance and they have a ton of them (quantity discount) or if the box is damaged a bit. you will have to share your secret technique with us!

I approached a fella stocking and asked him. He called the mgr on a walkie talkie. All I said was that I'm buying 3 sets of the same for $40 each. The sets are older and can you give me 10% off since I'm buying 3. She said to give me 5% off if i used the red card. The boxes are really nice. This was at the Target in Philadelphia near City Line Ave and i76.

I think if this set is still lingering during May I'll pick it up to get closer to getting the Ironman poly. If it isn't there anymore, oh well, I might manage to find something else to buy ;).

I said the samething at Target ample times when Zombies were in-stock. At that time, I only needed that and The Scientist for 2 full sets. I thought, "They will be discounted around Black Friday and after XMas. ...plenty of time ".

Not saying the same will happen with The Orcs since The Zombies had a retail life of only 5-6 months.

• 1 month later...

Do you think will go EOL in june? On every amazon europe the price is not so good....on amazon.it is always at 49,99 which is the retail price On amazon.de is at 37 but with shipping cost is 43 On amazon.co.uk is at 44 Do you think is time to get one?

Do you think will go EOL in june?

On every amazon europe the price is not so good....on amazon.it is always at 49,99 which is the retail price

On amazon.de is at 37 but with shipping cost is 43

On amazon.co.uk is at 44

Do you think is time to get one?

If you don't have any I would say yes. With Orthanc coming out demand for these should pick up relatively fast.

Do you think will go EOL in june?

On every amazon europe the price is not so good....on amazon.it is always at 49,99 which is the retail price

On amazon.de is at 37 but with shipping cost is 43

On amazon.co.uk is at 44

Do you think is time to get one?

Demand for this set is rising due to the impending Tower of Orthanc release, so you might want to at least secure one for yourself at retail price because they might be gone before going on clearance.