Retiring Soon - open speculation

4 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Dude, dope avatar. I don't see many cars with that shift layout > R on the far right bottom. Does that belong on a S2000, NSX, or CTR? My money is on Honda, but I think Jeep does it as well.

My 89 jetta in highschool had the same gear positioning. Even though R was back and to the right, you still had to push down on the shifter for it to lock into position. 

That car was fun, the sun roof was manual, similar to the old manual window handles. Everyone always got a kick out of that. Previous owner did a work around for the fuel pump so there was a switch next to the ingnition that needed to be on before starting the car. Build in security.  End of life, the interior was still in immaculate shape, but everything from the axles, shafts and tierods were all rusted out. Classic, RIP Jetty.

image.thumb.png.ea36e892380c3c37632047b1b2ebd23a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Dude, dope avatar. I don't see many cars with that shift layout > R on the far right bottom. Does that belong on a S2000, NSX, or CTR? My money is on Honda, but I think Jeep does it as well.

The Captain does love him some Jetta's , and he's of the real kind not an obvious kind...

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

My 89 jetta in highschool had the same gear positioning. Even though R was back and to the right, you still had to push down on the shifter for it to lock into position. 

That car was fun, the sun roof was manual, similar to the old manual window handles. Everyone always got a kick out of that. Previous owner did a work around for the fuel pump so there was a switch next to the ingnition that needed to be on before starting the car. Build in security.  End of life, the interior was still in immaculate shape, but everything from the axles, shafts and tierods were all rusted out. Classic, RIP Jetty.

image.thumb.png.ea36e892380c3c37632047b1b2ebd23a.png

She’s a beauty! 

6 minutes ago, jetser said:

My god... in the past this place was primarily a investor's site...

It is now a chat box ? what a pity.

You said it best yourself back in 2016

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 6:37 AM, Captain_Obvious said:

It’s either a Subaru outback or a VW Jetta. Can’t remember which one. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 2:11 PM, ravenb99 said:

The Captain does love him some Jetta's , and he's of the real kind not an obvious kind...

True dat…even got my kid driving a manual Jetta…he’s one of like 4 kids in his entire school without an automatic. 

• Like 3

By definition, a forum is a medium in which people exchange ideas and express views. Most everyone here shares the commonality of buying, selling, collecting, and/or building LEGO, and a little friendly off-topic conversation from time to time is alright. Keeps us sane and human.

Also, RIP Jetty.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

By definition, a forum is a medium in which people exchange ideas and express views. Most everyone here shares the commonality of buying, selling, collecting, and/or building LEGO, and a little friendly off-topic conversation from time to time is alright. Keeps us sane and human.

Also, RIP Jetty.

I have found that the OT is the heart and soul of a good community anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

Agreed, but Daily Deals should be strictly deals.

• Like 3