Retiring Soon - open speculation

I am regretting not getting the Constitution Train when the good prices were there.  I think it will do great as a standalone Western train set.  If you take out the Lone Ranger aspects of it, it's a very cool set with really neat parts.  The complete enclosed track is a huge bonus.  A lot of people think the Ghost Train is going to do well because it is a train, but I almost don't even look at it that way.  The Constitution Chase is a REAL train.  It would be hard to lose on a $65 Constitution Chase set.  Wishing I had gotten some.

To be honest, the LR train is really cool. I have a few of these and will probably build one next to my Maersk, Horizon Express and cargo trains. It's too bad a motor can't fit into this thing. I haven't built it so I don't know whether I can modify it with a motor. The lack of interest in this will be its downfall, just like the Bwing. Bwing is another flop where unloading it will take a lot of hard work and begging to get someone to bite on these suckers.

I just picked one up, planning on using it as a holiday train (after some conversion).  Eventually, I want to try power this thing.  Here's a link to someone that has successfully done it:  http://mocpages.com/moc.php/359154

I think people are going to be finding a lot of these on clearance after the holidays.

I hope so.  I picked one up last week at TRU for $60 on their 50% off sale.  I'm keeping it packaged up though, hoping I come across one on clearance after the holidays.

I am regretting not getting the Constitution Train when the good prices were there.  I think it will do great as a standalone Western train set.  If you take out the Lone Ranger aspects of it, it's a very cool set with really neat parts.  The complete enclosed track is a huge bonus.  A lot of people think the Ghost Train is going to do well because it is a train, but I almost don't even look at it that way.  The Constitution Chase is a REAL train.  It would be hard to lose on a $65 Constitution Chase set.  Wishing I had gotten some.

We still have the post christmas sale m8. All the lone ranger sets will be 40-50% off. Great deals, if you get them before they sell out

I think people are going to be finding a lot of these on clearance after the holidays.

I was originally gonna wait until after the holidays to pick some up, but slowly but surely all the Walmarts and Targets in my area started getting down to 2-3. The Kmarts don't even carry them anymore. I knew I wasnt gonna get as many as I wanted via clearance so when I saw they were still heavily marked down at TRU I just decided to pull the trigger. Both TRU's in my area had heavy HEAVY stock of the train but have had their stock destroyed since yesterday. There are only two left in one TRU and both are back up to 129.99. 

The B-wing was a no brainer to me. After selling off the Hoth Han polybag, Chima Speedorz freebie, and getting Discover cashback I am sitting at about $80 cost on the ones in my inventory and I've only had them for about 7 months.

You had the luxury of doing that but others in font world don't. Canadian retails for $209. It was a no brainer for me when I bought 3 from Walmart at $159 USD and flipped them for $200. Quick profits for me.you are still holding while I've gone on to other flips. Flipping a bwing is literally impossible unless I walk around telling people how great that piece of worthless junk is.

If you in the US got it for under $100, bet you your neighbours got it for the same and they won't buy it from you. Better you flip them north of the border. That's IF you can find a buyer. I grew up watching Star Wars and I had no interest on the bwing aside from trying to make a buck from it. Realized nobody wanted it. I was able to flip 10 Jabba palaces in the same time frame for $40 profit each time.

You had the luxury of doing that but others in font world don't. Canadian retails for $209. It was a no brainer for me when I bought 3 from Walmart at $159 USD and flipped them for $200. Quick profits for me.you are still holding while I've gone on to other flips. Flipping a bwing is literally impossible unless I walk around telling people how great that piece of worthless junk is.

If you in the US got it for under $100, bet you your neighbours got it for the same and they won't buy it from you. Better you flip them north of the border. That's IF you can find a buyer. I grew up watching Star Wars and I had no interest on the bwing aside from trying to make a buck from it. Realized nobody wanted it. I was able to flip 10 Jabba palaces in the same time frame for $40 profit each time.

I actually like the b-wing.  It is a nice looking set, and displays really well.

• 3 weeks later...

Buon giorno! Grazie!

I'm surprised this one is gone so quickly. It will be an interesting case study of lack of demand vs popular theme and very short shelf life.

oh, very good...finally some italian words :-)

I've one of this...do you think is a good set to invest in? just another one or two, no more

oh, very good...finally some italian words :-)

I've one of this...do you think is a good set to invest in? just another one or two, no more

Many have looked down on this set since it's announcement complaining that it was just another Hoth set with nothing unique. But with such a short shelf life I think it will at least appreciate some. If the 2014 snow speeder is truly coming out that is yet another strike against it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Batwing Battle over Gotham also "official", heartlake stables, Heartlake vet, Olivias Treehouse, Police Station 7498, Space center3368, Fun house escape.  All of these now show retired product, SWEET!

Yes! I`ve invested a solid amount in Treeshouses, and well, everyone has Funhouses, so it`s going to take x amount of time before it`s worth selling, unless you picked up cheap. Police Station, I don`t know how well it will do, what with the release of the new one, and the Heartlake sets and BOG will do decently well. 

Also COnstituion train, Hoth Echo Base, Logging Truck, Goblin King, Mines Of Moria

All of those are solid as well, although Echo Base looks to be the worst one of the bunch, GK could be a sleeper set given that it is the largest of the Hobbit sets thus far. Sleeper in the sense that even though it`s been very, very heavily discounted, it could bounce back up in the future similar to the Toy Story ones (looks like they are making a comeback, all-be-it a small one at the moment). Thanks for the updates!