Retiring Soon - open speculation

20 minutes ago, Val-E said:

DSSS 76060 out to 30 days at EU SAH. Free shipping and 10% off has done the trick. Expect more movements of higher priced items tomorrow when the Beetle kicks in.

It's still waaay more expensive than Amazon UK, so I don' t really get it... I still miss the days when it was 19£...

On 3/28/2017 at 3:41 PM, ckBricks said:

Thoughts on Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu 70751? Will movie help this set in retirement which seems near?

Assuming its done (and it looks likely), I think this set needs to stand on its own.  I do not see the Ninjago IP being a big booster of the set, and the movie may help clear inventory but likely wont have a big impact on the long term value.  This set really does not fit the current Ninjago style, though we will have see what the new "exclusive", Nijago city set looks like.

However I do think it can get some legs from the collector and AFOL crowd.  I am fairly certain it is the best Oriental themed set ever produced, and is not likely to have much, if any competition in that area.  That being said however, the larger Castle themed sets have not fared well recently (10223, 10193), but I would say this set is not really comparable to those...

• Like 4

41122 Friends Tree House now sold out at EU SAH. By my reckoning that maes 760446 Sky High Battle the champion turd of the winter sale as it is the only proper set still available. True there are some buildable figures and small Nexo sets but this is the last big one to fall.

51 minutes ago, Val-E said:

41122 Friends Tree House now sold out at EU SAH. By my reckoning that maes 760446 Sky High Battle the champion turd of the winter sale as it is the only proper set still available. True there are some buildable figures and small Nexo sets but this is the last big one to fall.

And it's also available in Tesco, BOGOF, the only set I can see out of over 500 they stock that has this offer. What a turkey.

It was, but we are still in the 90 day return window so folk that got it for less than 50% off or those who did but realised it was a turd can still return it and they are coming back into stock again.

Edited by Val-E

45 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It was, but we are still in the 90 day return window so folk that got it for less than 50% off or those who did but realised it was a turd can still return it and they are coming back into stock again.

it doesnt make sense to me since ghostbusters after "returns wave" landed straight on sale section and went OOS within hours same day.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Pop star bus and FO speeder amongst others also came back at full price.

This Poop Star Bus just keeps coming back like a bad smell. I still see it stacked high at John Lewis, Tesco and The Entertainer. A pity as this could've done well, but there's just too many made.

31 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Must be using the LOFI inventory methodology.

My guess is the webmaster forgot to tick the "apply clearance discount" box. Maybe calling SAH you could get them to apply the 50% off price manually, but it´s not like anyone is remotely interested in these sets to do so.

Juniors Ariel's Dolphin Carriage SOLD OUT in europe shop at home, on sale at all retailers in USA.  Cheapo small Juniors and Princess sets have been very good to me.  this post is doomed for all eternity to having that annoying chick laughing above me.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cladner said:

Juniors Ariel's Dolphin Carriage SOLD OUT in europe shop at home, on sale at all retailers in USA.  Cheapo small Juniors and Princess sets have been very good to me.  this post is doomed for all eternity to having that annoying chick laughing above me.

You mean the girl that surrounds your post?! :D

g1hSasC.gif

• Like 7