Retiring Soon - open speculation

43 minutes ago, ajconway85 said:

Since the bat cave was release in the U.K, the price has steadily decreased and for the last 3 months it been at £160 mark (RRP £230) still doesn't appear to have peaked many people's interest

Where is it £160? 
I can see £240 at Lego and £200 at smyths 

21 minutes ago, ajconway85 said:

£160 was the price at smyths. However, it appears that they have increased it as of today and is now back to £200 mark. First positive movement in months.

Ok, they’ve Yellen’d it then.  

2 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

More likely they've seen the routing soon yeah and are expecting Tumbler like demand they can cash in on. Remember this is the company who sold the Tumbler above RRP when they saw demand.

It could be a general online price refresh as there are a few of other items that have moved.  
Some sets have disappeared from online as well, maybe worth popping in your local to see if they’re clearance-ing

I don't know what is happening in Hungary, but the local web shops are going apeshit by massively discounting some exclusives. 30% discounts or more are quite common. And not just the bad sellers, basically everything. Just bought a Porsche with 40% off. These guys tend to have some early hints at what is going to happen, so I would not be surprised at an exclusives exodus this year to narrow down the overly bloated portfolio.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
27 minutes ago, inversion said:

I don't know what is happening in Hungary, but the local web shops are going apeshit by massively discounting some exclusives. 30% discounts ore more are quite common. And not just the bad sellers, basically everything. Just bought a Porsche with 40% off. These guys tend to have some early hints at what is going to happen, so I would not be surprised at an exclusives exodus this year to narrow down the overly bloated portfolio.

With so much over-production, vast QFLL stocks, flooded aftermarket and so much remaining on retails shelves, it's hardly surprising. I can see LEGO downsizing soon, greed gets to us all in the end ;-)

40 minutes ago, inversion said:

I don't know what is happening in Hungary, but the local web shops are going apeshit by massively discounting some exclusives. 30% discounts or more are quite common. And not just the bad sellers, basically everything. Just bought a Porsche with 40% off. These guys tend to have some early hints at what is going to happen, so I would not be surprised at an exclusives exodus this year to narrow down the overly bloated portfolio.

Please, in which shops are the discounts? Where is porsche for 40% less? I have tried argep.hu, but havent found any...

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

DSSS now backordered 4th July at EU SAH. Bad news if that means they are making more of them.

Ouch. Not sure what to think of that set either way. Great chance that doctor strange will appear again on future sets as the avengers films progress. Not sure how many will want the other two minifigs if they can buy future sets with Dr strange along with other minifigs. Thanks for the alert

Will be interesting to see which Star wars sets get retired this year. I think ones in pic above will all go. I expect all TFA sets to disappear but there is a question mark over the x wings, will they really retire both?

Then there could be some early rogue one retirements. I imagine hover tank is a likely candidate. They could retire Tie Striker too possibly with new Tie in TLJ sets.

Micro fighters they'll probably retire all but 2 of the Rogue One sets and supplement it with 4 TLJ microfighters.

Construction figures you'd think all TFA ones would disappear but their retirements have been all over the place so far.

5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think 75105 is done. UCS Falcon apparently on its way and they'll want to clear the decks for a year or so before releasing the Han Solo Star Wars Story Edition.

Different customer bases and remember the UCS will be a SAH exclusive for the first quarter of its release period. Tesco won´t stock it in any case so there has to be a MF playset around until Xmas as it is the absolute best selling set. No remake for TLJ means that, at best, they will stop making 75105 at the end of this year, like with 7965 in 2014.