Retiring Soon - open speculation

UK peeps. What do you think of Argos's clearance tags on Lego sets? Some of them make sense as sets I'd expect to go this year but there are others I'd expect to go not clearanced and some tagged as clearance that only came out  at the start of the year.

Clue on retirements or just Argos trying to cut down what they carry in stock?

27 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

UK peeps. What do you think of Argos's clearance tags on Lego sets? Some of them make sense as sets I'd expect to go this year but there are others I'd expect to go not clearanced and some tagged as clearance that only came out  at the start of the year.

Clue on retirements or just Argos trying to cut down what they carry in stock?

It would be great if the Rogue One sets were to retire early, after seeing Argos tagging them with clearance and Asda George lowering the prices on the Rogue One sets I thought it could be done sooner rather than later, however Asda George have now restocked with their prices back up.

I can't see Lego retiring the U Wing before the Tie Striker, so I think Argos could just be dumping them and they will remain until the end of the year elsewhere.

On 17/07/2017 at 3:50 AM, Val-E said:

What if they were to delay the release of the UCS one to 2018 (like Snowspeeder) and cover all bases? Spin off is likely to more adult oriented anyway.

So........

Over on eurobricks there is a list of 2018 set numbers with likely euro prices posted by Sir Von Lego.

Towards the bottom of the list are 5 sets believed to be Sets from the Han Solo film one of which is

75212 169.99 EUR

Obviously this is speculation at the moment but if the source is good, what is likely to fit into that price range from the Han Solo movie?

On 18/07/2017 at 2:16 PM, steveviscious89 said:

I just got a 70751. Do we think that one's going away since there are new big Ninjago sets coming?

I can't speak for we (all of us) here, obviously :P, but personally I do believe the Temple of Airjitzu will be retiring to make way for the new big Ninjago sets.

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

So........

Over on eurobricks there is a list of 2018 set numbers with likely euro prices posted by Sir Von Lego.

Towards the bottom of the list are 5 sets believed to be Sets from the Han Solo film one of which is

75212 169.99 EUR

Obviously this is speculation at the moment but if the source is good, what is likely to fit into that price range from the Han Solo movie?

That's interesting ...

2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

So........

75212 169.99 EUR

A Millennium Falcon with hyper inflation drive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

So........

75212 169.99 EUR

UCS sail barge perhaps.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, Castle375 said:

Hi all,

First Order Stormtrooper 75114 that slipped into retirement is on sale at toysrus in UK FOR £7.48.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/pdp/product.jsp?productId=TRUP2208950001

Thanks, I needed one of those. Since I've banned TRU from selling to me, I got John Lewis in Reading to price match so I got a perfect box!

Since this range has been heavily discounted including EOL figures, I doubt it'll be worth investing in. The 2 exceptions may be Darth Vader and General Grievous if buy-in was under 50% ;-)

6 hours ago, Castle375 said:

Hi all,

First Order Stormtrooper 75114 that slipped into retirement is on sale at toysrus in UK FOR £7.48.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/pdp/product.jsp?productId=TRUP2208950001

Thanks for the heads up just got the last 2 from TRU for my collections, only buying droids and helmet figures so ordered a few others at good prices to get free postage.

• 4 weeks later...

So what interesting sets are retiring this year?

75095 - is discounted here in germany, and with the upcoming sale from Lego I think it will bite the dust

75060 should go as well

Is 21019 leaving because of AdT? What do you the about Yellow Submarine and Adventure Time?

@Sozial Nobody here knows which sets will retire for certain by end of this year. We do have guesses and hunches. 75095 seems to be a likely candidate for the chopping block. 75060 could be retiring, but if it's still selling well it may get extended. Recent Ideas sets for the past few years had an average production run of one year, so Caterham and Beatles Sub are likely candidates to go EOL. Simpsons sets should be end of life as well.

More interesting will be which Creator Expert set(s) will go out. Most likely Palace Cinema will leave for good. But a vehicle should also finally be retired. Question is: which one? VW T1 is oldest, but still selling well reportedly. A surprise retirement could happen if the Mini Cooper or the Ferrari F40 leaves the stage ahead of order. 

And then there are other themes like Architecture, Ninjago (Temple of Airjizu?), Friends, Nexo Knights, etc. to consider...

• Like 1

Got quite a few 75095 for 120€ in Germany. Since it is only sold at Kaufhof, ToysRUs and Lego it should be done. It's done at Kaufhof and it seems like ToysRUs is elimating them also (but they still have that 1 per customer limit)

I think this will be quite a good investment for 120€ 

For the 75060, I dont know. We will have AoH, Snowspeeder and now the Falcon as UCS. Hopefully the Slave is done also

6 hours ago, Shewie said:

Classic Batman Cave 76052  back in stock in regular form, Retiring Soon ribbon is gone.

Edit. It shows only in UK. Rest of the EU without RS.

That's unfortunate! Here in Canada it's on backorder again and recently dropped further in price to $245 CA with a free Lego batman minifig, along with the cavemen and other giveaway. Not a bad deal actually... and still says retiring soon.

11 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

That's unfortunate! Here in Canada it's on backorder again and recently dropped further in price to $245 CA with a free Lego batman minifig, along with the cavemen and other giveaway. Not a bad deal actually... and still says retiring soon.

Walmart still has plenty (193) at 247$ (CAD)

Edited by dbrouge