Retiring Soon - open speculation

Has anyone seen TRU retail stores restocking the Funhouse set recently?  My store has some left but they haven't been moving since the pre-Christmas sales.  They are grossly overpriced right now and I am also hoping there is one last sale before they head off into the sunset.

John Hancock has done very well for itself since it's retirement. Sipping margaritas and chillin on the beach. Sungnemun has done alright as well, but not to the same extent. I think John Hancock surprised a lot of people, it's selling over 5x retail, not sure if these newer ones will do as well but I am willing to settle for 3-4x regardless.

• Like 1

I mean, this seems like quite a bit to retire at once.  Well, at least within 6 months.  Is this pretty typical?

Friends mid-size sets wave 1 (Prediction: Olivia's House and Summer Riding Camp will be retired this Summer)

Lego Batman 2

LOTR Wave 1

Lone Ranger

Galaxy Squad

Chima Wave 1

Not forgetting City and Star Wars of course.

Orc Forge is finally dead! Yay!!!

It was a lingering death.... RIP :)

I mean, this seems like quite a bit to retire at once.  Well, at least within 6 months.  Is this pretty typical?

Friends mid-size sets wave 1 (Prediction: Olivia's House and Summer Riding Camp will be retired this Summer)

Lego Batman 2

LOTR Wave 1

Lone Ranger

Galaxy Squad

Chima Wave 1

Not forgetting City and Star Wars of course.

LOTR Wave 1 is finally rising in price, except for 9473 which is still available in most places.

Presumably next to go will be Hobbit wave 1. June time??? 

Although as said above Goblin King is going now.

I would think this has a lot to do with the large number of licenses and sets LEGO is cranking out these days.  There is just an overwhelming amount of lines and products to try to keep up with and there wouldn't be room at retail or in online warehouses for all the new sets if they didn't retire many of the older ones.