What are your favorite works of art?

I'm pretty sure "leaf confusion" is Shinobi...not the original shinobi game but one of the sequels for the Genesis...

And that's the last one I'm going to answer! I promise! :frantics:

Yep. It is based on Shinobi 3.

I'm wondering if anybody will get the referance behind "Warm Encounter"? I may have to drop a more direct hint to it. :shifty:

Well I feel like if I go on google or something trying to look up references I'm cheating - all the others I answered were with no search engine assistance. But if I answer that one, its going to be because I cheated...lol.

Fair enough. Guess it's time for this warrior to lay his Axe down. :wink:

Round 3

Grolim = 3

Diabolos80 = 7

All entries guessed correctly.

Winner: Diabolos80

seagul_fly_by_orioto-d69wzn3.jpg

F-Zero - "Seagull Fly" (Diabolos80)

perfume_of_adventure_by_orioto-d5wakpu.j

Grandia - "Perfume of Adventure" (Diabolos80)

nothing_will_stop_thas_kid__by_orioto-d5

Alex Kidd in Miracle World - "Nothing will stop this kid!" (Grolim)

explosive_climax_by_orioto-d57pq8v.jpg

Bomberman - "Explosive Climax" (Grolim guessed first.)

burning_snow_by_orioto-d51uzkm.jpg

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - "Burning Snow" (Diabolos80)

automnal_exploration_by_orioto-d4nkroj.j

Chrono Trigger - "Autumnal Exploration" (Grolim)

better_stay_in_bed_by_orioto-d36kzo0.jpg

Limbo - "Better stay in bed" (Diabolos80)

underwear_crusade_by_orioto-d4py9dq.jpg

Ghosts 'n Goblins - "Underwear Crusade" (Diabolos80)

group_work_by_orioto-d2489ic.jpg

Phantasy Star IV - "Group Work" (Diabolos80)

Big_Blue_by_Orioto.jpg

Ecco the Dolphin - "Big Blue" (Diabolos80)

Just added a third tier of ten more images for everyone to take a stab at besides checking out. There still are two more in the main post to try and guess which game they are from. The second post (tier) was a tie between Quacs & JoshTX with 4 each. Congrats guys. Now, onto the third round of this friendly contest.

The entries this time around are a lot trickier than the previous ones I think. Have fun, and free likes for everyone that knows the name of the game each is based on! Oh, and no cheating! :nono:

"nothing will stop this kid"  is Alex Kidd.  not sure which game but most likely Alex Kidd in Miracle World that was pre-installed on th Sega Master System.  i played the crap outta that game  :D

That is correct, my good man! Tell him what he has won, Dave! :lol:

I believe the artist based it on "Alex Kidd in Miracle World" seeing how that was the very first game starring the character. Now let's see if anyone can guess the others. This is probably the most challenging tier and afterwards I'll post a link to the artist's gallery as a sort of "Thank you for playing!" :good:

I feel like I should know some more of these. They seem more familiar than most of the first batch. Stab at "explosive Climax" with Bomberman ?

Yep. It's classic Bomberman alright.

Seagull fly= f-zero

Better stay in bed = limbo

Explosive climax = bomberman

Underwear crusade= ghosts n goblins

Big blue= ecco the dolphin.

That's enought outta me. Next!

Correct on every guess. Impressive, Diabolos80.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VWDekbIaJE

Well, there still are two entries open in the first tier (main post) and I might as well drop some hints to help give them one last push. Otherwise I'll just do the big reveal on what game they're from anyway.

For "Nazca River Jungle", you pilot a spaceship that was a force to be reckoned with, had some mega power, and the game was released on the Super Nintendo. :wink:

And for "Pignon Party", all I have to say is it has become the single most popular and world reknowned indie game ever. I'm serious, there isn't a single person on this planet that has not heard of it at least.

Man, even with the 'hints' I gave for the last two entries from the first post, no one got them. Well, here they are anyway.
"Nazca River Jungle" - Super Megaforce
Okay, this one was a rare gem but I did give one heck of a hint the other day. I literally highlighted the entire name for you!
"Pignon Party" - Cave Story
....Really? No one recognized or even knew this one? Come on. It's an insanely popular indie game, dudes!

Anywho, JoshTX won the first round with 4 points, tied with Quacs in the second round also with 4 points, and is now leading overall with 8.
Who will win round 3? :rap:(Still have three entries left.)