What Lego set did you buy today?

These are my purchases in the last 7 days.

Ok, Speedpro wins....

I went a bit crazy this weekend, well crazy for me anways. Amazon had a decent deal on monster fighters sets I've been eye'****** and with birthday gift cards burning a hole in my pocked I picked up:

9476 Monster Fighters Ghost Train

9464 Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse

9468 Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle

At the lego store with a 10% off coupon and $25 in points I purchased

10214 Tower Bridge

At TRU with a price match I got

9472 LOTR Attack on Weathertop

and some polybags

30152 City Quad x2

30200 Monster Fighters Coffin Car x12 - cuz it's a Coffin and a hot-rod how kicka$$ is that?

Note: TRU doesn't price match and allow for coupons to be used on the price matched items... Poop.

I was out an about Sunday buying at the Lego Store and TRU and I missed out on the basically free City Mine. My Walmarts were sold out by 2pm when I got there.

5 B-Wing Starfighter (with the free TC-14)

5 Winter Village

2 Battle of Helm's Deep

2 Bat Cave

30 Maersk Trains

30 Medieval Market Village

10 Holiday Bakery

20 Winter Village Bakery

2 Millenium Falcons (7965)

Wow that's a big order, nice work!! Did you mean winter Toy Shop and Winter Post Office where you had winter village and holiday bakery?

Oops...I did mean Winter Village Bakery and Winter Village Cottage.

I see, that's what I figured, sorry didn't mean to call you out, I was just making sure I wasn't missing something. Btw I love that new cottage, one of my favorite sets yet :)

I wasn't offended, thanks for helping me clarify! That is a great set and should prove to be a solid investment as well.

5 Winter Village

2 Battle of Helm's Deep

2 Bat Cave

30 Maersk Trains

10 Holiday Bakery

20 Winter Village Bakery

I'm being super nosey here but did you pick up all these sets at the same store and if so where? Just curious if you made one stores day or you spread it out......that is a ton of cash!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I'm being super nosey here but did you pick up all these sets at the same store and if so where? Just curious if you made one stores day or you spread it out......that is a ton of cash!!!!!!I forgot to tell everyone that the LEGO market is crashing. I sold all my sets!!!

LOLOLOLOL

I'm being super nosey here but did you pick up all these sets at the same store and if so where? Just curious if you made one stores day or you spread it out......that is a ton of cash!!!!!!I forgot to tell everyone that the LEGO market is crashing. I sold all my sets! LOL no worries......I better get to building then and I hope Speedpro saved his receipts ;)

I'm being super nosey here but did you pick up all these sets at the same store and if so where? Just curious if you made one stores day or you spread it out......that is a ton of cash!!!!!! Multiple stores, varied sales, bought these all over the past 6-7 days. super jealous! Congrats hope those sets make you some money!! Looks like they will.
  • Like 1

5 Winter Village

2 Battle of Helm's Deep

2 Bat Cave

30 Maersk Trains

10 Holiday Bakery

20 Winter Village Bakery

This purchase should be on a thread by itself like "Which store did you completely buy today?"

Sealed? If so, that is a hell of a deal.

Yep, all sealed up. I *almost* felt bad taking it off some mom's hands. Almost.

I wouldn't feel bad. You're happy, she's happy. Both parties are making money. I don't have a large population base here to work with on Craigslist, so I have to scour the ads to find anything Lego related, there may be 3-4 new lego ads that pop up per week in the metro area. Most are MegaBloks.

Jabba's Palace @ Shopko stores for only $89.99

This is True.

9516 Jabba's Palace - $89.99 Reg $119.99

9474 The Battle Of Helm's Deep - $99.99 Reg. $129.99

9468 Vampire Castle - $69.99 Reg $99.99

I meant to Post this info a few days ago when they had the Friends and Family and Members 20% Coupon but I was too busy Chasing around Sets during those days.

The wife was open to doing a Lego Christmas scene on the buffet in our entry foyer, so I picked up the Toy Shop on ebay, then bought the Bakery and Post Office on LEGO Shop at Home, along with a Maersk Train since it seems this is destined for EOL soon. Would like to pick up more of these seasonal sets in the future as the Toy Shop has done very well for itself, and these "themed" series seem to do well, with collectors and builders alike, since everybody wants the full set, similar to the modulars.

The wife was open to doing a Lego Christmas scene on the buffet in our entry foyer, so I picked up the Toy Shop on ebay, then bought the Bakery and Post Office on LEGO Shop at Home, along with a Maersk Train since it seems this is destined for EOL soon.

Would like to pick up more of these seasonal sets in the future as the Toy Shop has done very well for itself, and these "themed" series seem to do well, with collectors and builders alike, since everybody wants the full set, similar to the modulars.

I just posted about this in a different thread (town / modular I think). Anyway, I also picked up a Winter Toy Shop on eBay today. I got the others recently. This will be a great set collection to keep and build/display during the holidays. Am considering picking up more of the others currently on market, especially Winter Village Bakery, since it might retire after this year, assuming it doesn't run out before the holidays.

Miro