What Lego set did you buy today?

Is there also a what set did you build today thread? If not I think that would be a great thread to add to the forums.

That would make a pretty good thread. It would work for people that build sets out of the box, or MOC's built from their own collection. I think you should go for it and start the thread yourself. Who knows where it will go.

My small haul received yesterday:

10190 (got to love the new sellers on Amazon that under price by more than half)

10182 (same seller as above)

10193 x 2 (probably premature buy on this)

8214 x 2 (Thanks Chowren!)

10214 x 2 (Paid $190 each w/FS. Each showed up from Walmart in a box 3x too big and with a receipt for $257 each. Someone must have had a gift card)

Now to find a good hiding spot from the wife! Time to slow down....

Is there also a what set did you build today thread? If not I think that would be a great thread to add to the forums.

Mixed thoughts on this one. I think it is a great idea, but does it fit in with the theme of the website?

Purchase #3 - Sealed Lego Friends Olivia House and Stables = $50

I took those 2 Friends sets back to Walmart a while back and got roughly $130 back including tax. Couldn't wait any longer with the card burning a hole in my pocket and picked up a Black Pearl and Tie Fighter @ $35. Had to spend $15 out of pocket, so I in essense grabbed these 2 sets for $65. Really wanted to wait for the Black Friday deals, but after seeing their ad, was afraid that the great Walmart Lego sales would never come, so I caved.

TRU has to be the worst toy retailer in the world. The problem is that they get too many exclusives.

Lord ain't that the truth. Why the heck do they get so many of the exclusives anyway?

Walmart & Target get odd ones every now & then but, despite charging a bloody arm & leg for everything, Toys R Us get dang near all of the exclusives!

Having to deal with Toys R Us is like looking forward to visiting your proctologist for colorectal surgery.

Lord ain't that the truth. Why the heck do they get so many of the exclusives anyway?

Walmart & Target get odd ones every now & then but, despite charging a bloody arm & leg for everything, Toys R Us get dang near all of the exclusives!

Having to deal with Toys R Us is like looking forward to visiting your proctologist for colorectal surgery.

I'll tell you what a joke TRU is...Months ago, Jeff and I approached TRU about their Affiliate Program. (For those of you who don't know what an Affiliate Program is...It is a system in which a site like ours gets a small commission on each sale we drive towards a retailer like Target, LEGO, etc...It helps us pay for servers and EBAY Terapeak data and keeps this site FREE to members. So click on our links before buying! ;-) ). Anyway, after months and numerous emails from us, TRU wrote back and told us that business was so bad they can only offer 0.5% commission and maybe not even that and they will contact us after the first of the new year. We would have loved to put their links on the site(even at next to nothing commission for us), but I fear the negative feedback from members.

I bought these a couple of days ago, but only just got a chance to mention them.

Not that big of a list, but here goes anyhow....

CREATOR

Cool Cruiser

(I still can not believe this set retails for $40. It has 612 pieces, that makes it 6 cents a piece!)

Log Cabin

(May buy atleast three more of these for all those basic brown parts. Especially if they go on sale.)

CARS

Jeff Gorvette

(I really wanted those rims. ....Seriously, that's it.)

GAMES

City - Alarm

(Has ALOT of those dollar bill pieces. Plus some other unique parts.)

Heroica - Waldurk Forest

(Ended up getting this $20 set for $10! I was pleasantly surprised when it rang up.)

Heroica - Fortaan Castle

(This is the only set with this helmet! So yeah, I totally had to buy it.)

Also got another "Lederhosen Guy" & "Santa" from Series 8 of the MINIFIGURES line.

I'm getting pretty dang good at the whole 'smooshing' technique!

Something I really need to bring to everyone's attention, this last year at both Walmart and Target, I've been noticing that the prices of certain items have actually been above the suggested retail price!

Great, now they are starting to take advice from freakin' Toys R Us!

For instance, that "Fortaan Castle" set is supposed to be $29.99. Well just the other day at Walmart, It was $33.97. At Target, two sets in the DINO theme were WAY above the retail price. "Ambush Attack" was $14.99 when it should be $11.99, and "Tower Takedown" was $25.99 when it should be $19.99.

I hope the heck they won't keep this strategy up. Now I'm going to REALLY need to remember those prices before I go out shopping so I don't end up getting screwed. This is bloody ridiculous. It's bad enough Toys R Us charges these high prices, now we have to worry about the other stores doing the same thing?!

Great....Just great....

Oh well, Happy Black Friday everyone!

My early Brick Friday through Cyber Monday shopping completed, my tally ended up being: (1) Winter Village Cottage (1) Medieval Market Village (2) Mini Modulars (1) Winter Village Bakery (1) Diagon Alley (1) Winter Village Post Office (4) Free Winter Village Sets (1) Helm's Deep (1) Uruk Hai Army (2) HP Forbidden Forest (1) Harry Potter Visual Dictionary (1) Hogwarts Castle (3) Hobbit Mirkwood Elf Polybags Most was through Shop at Home, but the Helm's Deep was Walmart for $105, and the Hogwarts was through Barnes and Noble for $82. The made sure the other orders got the free set and 10% off to help curb cost a bit, plus used about $50 in VIP points.

I got myself a second 10125 on ebay for a decent price. I see potential in that UCS set, many don't like it yet I think it looks pretty damn awesome. Maybe because it's got colors unlike pretty much all the other UCS sets :) I'm waiting to see what'll be proposed on LEGO Shop at Home in December, got some VIP points to spend...