What Lego set did you buy today?

2 minutes ago, GregP said:

Battle of Scarif x 2 from Disney store at 50% off

Thinking of doing a scarif MOC so will prob break em down and sell the figs I don't want.

Wow..just looked at the website and those are some crazy toys r us like inflated prices on Lego sets. Assuming we purchased from a brick & mortar store...

whoa. Pricey little hobby you have there.

Tell me about it.

Going to swap out the card from my spider woman (the card I got signed and authenticated by Stan lee). I've only seen one spiderman and Stan lee authentic signed on eBay. It had BIN or OBO for 5,000 and was only on eBay a few weeks. I'd assume it went for 4,000 or so.

18 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

You mean OUR tru ;) 

you officially down there now?  Remember this avatar really does have a meaning and no matter what Greg says about no thought it does have meaning... 

Plus what do Canadians really know (other than useless trivia apparently)  Man spelled Canadians the hockey team way the first time and got the misspell notice.

Course the best player is still Canadian/en, if only he could stay healthy the entire season.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, donbee said:

Avenjet was clearance for $59.98 at my TRU. Picked up two to QF. Easy money. But anyone holding on to these?
Already approaching RRP on BL. Better than I had expected from the set.

i lost humor on this.. care to explain :) .. i thought it was 39,99 or 29,99 at one point on TRU website not too long ago... so how did it survive that to make it to 59,98 clearance ?

18 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

you officially down there now?  Remember this avatar really does have a meaning and no matter what Greg says about no thought it does have meaning... 

Plus what do Canadians really know (other than useless trivia apparently)  Man spelled Canadians the hockey team way the first time and got the misspell notice.

Course the best player is still Canadian/en, if only he could stay healthy the entire season.

Yup, moved from bankrupt state (IL) to sunshine state (FL).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Yup, moved from bankrupt state (IL) to sunshine state (FL).

hmm did you not get the memo on pay in FL?   Yeah lived there 33 years of my life.  Still miss it some.  Well the lifestyle.  

Do believe the murder rate is less though so that is a plus, well in certain cities / areas and no winter which is always a good thing

Edited by ravenb99

6 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

hmm did you not get the memo on pay in FL?   Yeah lived there 33 years of my life.  Still miss it some.  Well the lifestyle.  

Do believe the murder rate is less though so that is a plus, well in certain cities / areas and no winter which is always a good thing

Got the $ memo, just decided that money isn't everything. When it comes to murder rate, ANYWHERE is better than Chicago lol....yeah, FL lifestyle...went fishing with my old man today, caught small stingray :) 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Got the $ memo, just decided that money isn't everything. When it comes to murder rate, ANYWHERE is better than Chicago lol....yeah, FL lifestyle...went fishing with my old man today, caught small stingray :) 

cool good times.  Do miss fishing with pops since he passed.    If you're on the west coast when I'm back down by family I'll invite you out on the water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

Mmm, stingrays...tase just like scallops. Seriously though, when running a charter I love stingrays, they're fun to catch, easy to get rid of, and no one wants to keep them. Win, win, win. You try telling some 12 year old kid and his dad that the 30 inch red they just caught is outside the slot and is going back in the water.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

cool good times.  Do miss fishing with pops since he passed.    If you're on the west coast when I'm back down by family I'll invite you out on the water.

That would be great, I'm in fort Myers area for now.

1 minute ago, Migration said:

Mmm, stingrays...tase just like scallops. Seriously though, when running a charter I love stingrays, they're fun to catch, easy to get rid of, and no one wants to keep them. Win, win, win. You try telling some 12 year old kid and his dad that the 30 inch red they just caught is outside the slot and is going back in the water.

Right, did a little Internet searching and that's exactly what it said about the taste. I also caught couple decent size blue crabs this morning. 

• Like 1

i lost humor on this.. care to explain .. i thought it was 39,99 or 29,99 at one point on TRU website not too long ago... so how did it survive that to make it to 59,98 clearance ?

No humor, just curiosity. I literally bought two today and sold them for $75 a piece on BL. I should maybe be more specific, Quinjet, not Avenjet, 76032.
I didn't really care for it, or SH in general. But retail is $80, and it's approaching RRP already...
maybe it's an outlier, many cheaper sellers on BL still, but not as many as other sets.