What Lego set did you buy today?

21309 Saturn V arrived today.  Christmas present for my 7-year old son.  Good thing I found box first.  Sent in branded master pack box from Romeoville, IL (vs usual Southaven, MS).  Plus the packing list was placed so that you could see the contents.  So much for the usual discreet box.  

Lego Pic1.jpg

Lego Pic2.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

21309 Saturn V arrived today.  Christmas present for my 7-year old son.  Good thing I found box first.  Sent in branded master pack box from Romeoville, IL (vs usual Southaven, MS).  Plus the packing list was placed so that you could see the contents.  So much for the usual discreet box.  

Lego Pic1.jpg

Lego Pic2.jpg

Sounds like they're fulfilling online orders from physical LEGO stores. There is a LEGO store in Romeoville, if memory serves.

Just now, MusiKyle said:

Stumbled upon a Jurassic World Raptor Rampage 75917 at a local Toys R Us. It seemed out of place since the series has been off the shelves for months. Scanned the thing and it came up at $0.03. Shocking deal.

20170818_143116.jpg20170818_143648.jpg

man how can anyone compete with this :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That's a free steak dinner buy.  My ToysRUs would say, "Thanks for finding this, we can't sell it to you."  It would then disappear.

I bought some $0.03 Schleich once. The cashier (at the customer service desk) asked a manager, "Wait, can we sell this?!" Manager said yes. Guess my TRU is okay, lol.

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They would just say, "Thanks for finding these, we can't sell them to you", then they'd disappear.

Curious they are not so discerning about selling modulars at 30% above RRP!

Perhaps the trick is to buy multiple items and put the cheap one in the middle, ideally when there is a long queue and hope they don´t analyse what comes up on the till.

Finally, after 14 months, I set foot in a KMart again. This one's a 40 mile drive, but since I had to go more than halfway for another errand I figured why not, and I placed a Sweeps winnings order for store pickup there (northern KY)

My heart skipped a beat when I spotted a 41176 Dragon Sanctuary on clearance. But when I picked it up it made a weird sound, and it turned out to be taped up on one side. CS lady opened it up and sure enough, the set was half built and I didn't even bother checking if everything was there.

Did walk away with two other finds:

75903 Scooby Doo Haunted Lighthouse: Marked $51 clearance, minus 20% off clearance -> $40.80. Then applied $9 sp on $35+, plus $24.20 in Sweeps winnings (and that was only after 1 week of sweeps), for $8.06 cash out the door after tax.

41174 Elves Starlight Inn: Marked $28 clearance, minus 20% off clearance -> $22.80. Added a small filler set to qualify for $5 back on $25 coupon, redeemed $2.13 in points (Sweeps points from just today) for $20.27 out the door after tax, with $5 back in points.

Only suspicious thing was that the register refused to accept my Sears GC (which I had used just the day before online without issues). Anyone had that before? It scanned neither from the Raise barcode nor after typing in code+pin.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Val-E said:

A balls of steel buyer would ask if there were any more out back, though.

This is why I bring my cute son with me apparently. He found a nice wooden train roundhouse set for .03 2 years ago and was so excited the girl sold it to him and then he asked if she had more and she went in back and brought him 2 more. Love the .03 deals.

3 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

New warehouse.  I remember them telling me they were moving awhile back from MS when I was buying Carousels.

Maybe so, but I doubt that is the case here. LEGO stores ship with whatever they have on hand...so used LEGO cartons. Would be a bit pathetic if the new warehouse didn't use the typical boxes! 

3 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

New warehouse.  I remember them telling me they were moving awhile back from MS when I was buying Carousels.

Yup all shop@home orders now come from the new location/warehouse in Romeoville, IL - no notice but found out having to call CS due to messed up orders.

Service is has been slightly shoddy from them since the move from Southaven, MS to Romeoville, IL and most large shipping boxes are cheaper quality.

Have had 2 issues so far with the new location and warehouse, missing set and large boxes shipping to small but tightly packed and damaged items.

I hope they fix the issues and get back on track as I can't always hit the local B\M Lego store.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Maybe so, but I doubt that is the case here. LEGO stores ship with whatever they have on hand...so used LEGO cartons. Would be a bit pathetic if the new warehouse didn't use the typical boxes! 

It wouldn't surprise me as I ordered large sets and while they didn't ship like that, the new large shipping boxes are not like the ones shipped out of Southaven, MS

Edited by BrickSamurai
  • Like 1