76000 - Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze: Aquaman on Ice

gymant14

8 minutes ago, feed said:

Heavy, heavy discounting as well.  I picked up 8 copies at £5 each after discounts.  With that kind of discounting and availability is was always going to be a long time before it topped retail and that was assuming the figs stayed exclusive.   

As for being another 6866, that was always over ambitious, Batman / Aquaman aren’t Deadpool  / Wolverine.  

This is right about where I thought it would be. Not the Zombies or Chopper Showdown, but very solid. I know comparing growth to MSRP vs buy in is a long running debate on this site, but I think for smaller sets that generally are easier to find at clearance we have to assume the majority of investors weren't stocking up on these in huge numbers at MSRP (or if they did, they won't be in this game long).

Solid if unspectacular growth is what the majority of my portfolio is about. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Veegs said:

This is right about where I thought it would be. Not the Zombies or Chopper Showdown, but very solid. I know comparing growth to MSRP vs buy in is a long running debate on this site, but I think for smaller sets that generally are easier to find at clearance we have to assume the majority of investors weren't stocking up on these in huge numbers at MSRP (or if they did, they won't be in this game long).

Solid if unspectacular growth is what the majority of my portfolio is about. 

Agree 

Also probably worth noting that we haven’t seen much of Batman on the big screen for a while, (The Dark Knight Rises was 2012), with Star Wars clearly taking the current holiday market and Marvel taking the summer 2015.  Summer 2016 may see an uplift in DC popularity, assuming the movies don’t suck. 

According to Brickset this set has been retired for exactly 1 year. When it retired, the price on amazon stuck pretty close to MSRP and has slowly increased since then. I think there are still a lot of people out there with these waiting to unload for a profit, but I personally expect this to hit $60-70 in another 2 years.

I base this amount on pure speculation and the recent increase of people buying my Batcaves/Funhouses. I think the new movie will bring a really nice boost. As a side note I think star wars was incredibly good for the DC/MarvelLEGO market. Everyone I have talked too recently mentioned how sick they are of super hero movies. I don't blame them. Most of the avenger movies were generic action crap. Hopefully star wars cleanses peoples palate and there is more emphasis on quality in the new batman movie.

3 hours ago, landphieran said:

I base this amount on pure speculation and the recent increase of people buying my Batcaves/Funhouses. I think the new movie will bring a really nice boost. As a side note I think star wars was incredibly good for the DC/MarvelLEGO market. Everyone I have talked too recently mentioned how sick they are of super hero movies. I don't blame them. Most of the avenger movies were generic action crap. Hopefully star wars cleanses peoples palate and there is more emphasis on quality in the new batman movie.

I have no faith in that movie. I hope that I am proved wrong, but the people involved, and how little I liked Man of Steel really makes me hesitant to spend any money on the movie or its products.

• Like 1