76000 - Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze: Aquaman on Ice

gymant14

I saw some 76000 Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze sets today at my local Target that had the correct spelling of Arctic on the box. The original release had the word spelled incorrectly (Artic). Is there any reason why one version of the box will increase the value of one version over the other? Should I grab more of the mispelled version? Or the newly corrected version?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys and girls I'm new to this but as my first post I thought it bet to share some info about the latest batman sets when buying in the UK. 

Anyway I recently bought the Arctic batman vs freeze and aquaman set from Toys R Us online. I wanted it for a while and found that toys r us online had it for

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody have thoughts as to how much longer they think this set will last? Been adding this whenever possible and now it's backordered at lego. Prob due to 2X points but EOL has to be near. Not carried in retail outlets anymore.

Don't think its retiring yet.  Still in a lot of stores in the south, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Fry's, not at all of them but definitely available.  Says "available now" on LEGO too but might of been temporarily out of stock , I don't check those often.  Came out in 2013, don't remember exactly when so would think still have a ways.

Anybody have thoughts as to how much longer they think this set will last? Been adding this whenever possible and now it's backordered at lego. Prob due to 2X points but EOL has to be near. Not carried in retail outlets anymore.

I'd guess around November time for rest of world, USA on the other hand could quite possibly keep it in production for another year like 6862 Superman Lex Armour.

Thx for the reply. I built the set with my son and it's a really great build for a smaller set. The arctic sled is really awesome and I love the minifigs. Think it does well EOL and I will have a wall full.

Yeah its a very nice set.  I have about 15-20 right now myself and I think it was heavily like by investors as a whole.  Should still do well EOL.  

Just wondered if anyone thinks whether the misspelt "Artic" sets will ultimately, after EOL, command a higher price/be more sought after than the correct "Arctic" ones. Thoughts?

As a professional geographer, the misspelled version just drives me insane.

I don't think anyone looking to build this is going to care. Only someone interested in a misprint type item.