76000 - Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze: Aquaman on Ice

gymant14

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Trying to get over 50 each of 76000, 76004, and 76006.

you're not worried about next years set? If you're not, care to share why? I like this set as well but have far less. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So with no Arctic Batman and no Mr Freeze in the 2015 wave of sets, do you think things are looking positive for the value of this set heading into next year? 

I am positive about this set. I have 7 of these (maybe not so much compared to others here).

You cannot find them anymore in shops around here. So that is good. Amazon still has them I presume.

This one could become the bnext 6866.

I have high hopes for this one as well, honestly need to pick up some more before EOL, cheap little set with a lot of potential. I don`t think it will go as high as Wolverine did though, at least not in the short term. There has been just too much supply is seems, and still is. On the way out definitely at this point, though it still has a bit of time here for those that would like to pick up more. I`d do it fairly quickly though if that`s the case. Should double pretty fast I would think, though 300% like Wolverine I don`t think will happen right away. Maybe by next Christmas if you`re very optimistic. Guess we`ll see, I`m excited though! 

• Like 1

This one could become the bnext 6866.

I don't think so. Not that much I mean.

Mr Freeze is equal to Magneto IMHO, but Aquaman is not Deadpool, and an other Batman suit is not Wolverine.

Success of the 6866 was because it contained 3 exclusives minifigs (not just suits) of popular characters (especially wolverine).

Aquaman, kids don't care about him (if they ever know him), Batman is ok but only collectors would be interested in this 287th version of Batman, and Mr Freeze is great, no doubt, but this character was available in a 10

• Like 1

Maybe you are both right and I should temper my expectations. But if it reaches 70 euro I will sell fast. I will not hesitate and wait like with 6866 and get stuck with them.

Oh ya, no questions there, if it goes anywhere near that sell everything and get yourself something really nice to celebrate, that would be fantastic. 

I disagree for comparison with Deadpool and Aquaman, I didn't know either so equally popular in my book lol.

Deadpool appeared in a movie (Wolverine origins), and he will have its own on screens on 2016.

He had its own videogame recently. If I'm not mistaking, last time aquaman had a videogame it was on Nintendo 64.

Deadpool is not as famous as Cyclops or Spiderman but he has fans because he's a super cool marvel character.

There are lots of jokes on aquaman... like "he breathes his own pee", and stuff like that.

raj_bm10.jpg

I don't want to be Aquaman ! He sucks !

Edited by biniou

Deadpool appeared in a movie (Wolverine origins), and had its own videogame recently. If I'm not mitaking, last time aquaman had a videogame it was on Nintendo 64.

Deadpool is not as famous as Cyclops or Spiderman but he has fans because he's a super cool marvel character.

There are lots of jokes on aquaman... like "he breathes his own pee", and stuff like that.

raj_bm10.jpg

I don't want to be Aquaman ! He sucks !

And only now you share this?

This knowledge makes this set to be sought after by a very niche and fetish market. I dunno if I want to deal with that. I have kids!

And only now you share this?

This knowledge makes this set to be sought after by a very niche and fetish market. I dunno if I want to deal with that. I have kids!

Hey you will make money I'm sure ! :)

But don't wait for this set to climb up to 70

Edited by biniou

well I have some of that set as well.?35-40 Euro as target area is too low, the set sold here about that range this christmas. I guess it will be at least 50 Euro after retirement and 60 Euro Xmas 2015. My target area is between 60-70 Euro for that little gem.

Now we are talking. You see? Finally someone more optimistic.

Aquaman is back in set 76027 which will be released in just a few days.  He looks identical to this version.  I don't see many people paying extra for a white suit arctic Batman, so Mr. Freeze will have to carry this set.  I can see it doing well because of that, but I would set the ceiling much lower than 6866.  

• Like 1

Aquaman is back in set 76027 which will be released in just a few days.  He looks identical to this version.  I don't see many people paying extra for a white suit arctic Batman, so Mr. Freeze will have to carry this set.  I can see it doing well because of that, but I would set the ceiling much lower than 6866.  

Exactly. It's much cheaper to just buy the Mr Freeze minifig. 

I have 10 of these and don't plan on getting more unless under $15

• Like 1

I'm not overwhelmingly educated but I think this set will do well. Any markedly different batman exclusive to just one set has value IMO. Freeze is obvious, and the set as a whole is pretty neat. It's consistently been in the top sellers on Amazon, that demand should turn into value when it goes EOL. 

One of the fears on this set is it rides completely on figure exclusivity. the Aqua man is back out again now in a brand new set, and the batman is available in scary quantities as a knock off from China.

It seems to me that exclusive figures have weathered the iniital storm of Chinese knockoffs, but it remains to be seen if that will always be the case.

If 50 of us are selling Arctic Batmans loose on ebay, and 1000 Chinese knockoffs are also in the search on ebay, it might hurt things. Yes you can tell the difference in hand, but if ebay allows them to be sold its hard to not get lost in the flood

• Like 1