76000 - Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze: Aquaman on Ice

gymant14

Yes Aquaman is returning in a new set but that set is also more expensive than this set. I still have high hopes for this set.

Sold out at LEGO Shop at Home

$19.99 shipped at AZ today

Sold out at LEGO Shop at Home currently, no sign of return.

It seems like a decent buy at the time. I dont think you can lose anything on this investment.

While it is true Aquaman is returning in a new more expensive set exactly the same as this one, we probably won't ever see Arctic Batman or Mr. Freeze with these details again. For starters, Batman from this point onwards of 2015 has a different styled cowl piece now with short 'ears' and no bottom section covering the jawline. Also LEGO is using an alternate fabric for the capes which is something else to consider perhaps. The increasing army of 'Batmen' is tiresome I'm sure but the cold cruel Mr. Freeze always will be one frosty badass who has seldom been incarnated as a minifigure at all aside this one and the previous from 2006. I can hardly wait to pair him with Captain Cold from this year's offerings!

• Like 1

The way they are churning out Batman sets it wouldn't surprise me to see another Mr Freeze at some stage.

Many already have alternative prints.

True. It's just a question of "when it will happen" and "which version he/she is based on". Next Mr. Freeze may go far back for a classic appearance or maybe whatever the current look is. The pieces for his gear could be from some newer future molds as well.

I still need to get a couple of these sets.  I don't have any and I only see them on Amazon now for $19.99.  Not sure if I just skip on this set.  The arctic Batman sure does look cool though.  I was bummed when I saw they remade Aquaman.  I hope they don't remake Mr. Freeze and I don't see why they would remake an arctic batman.  If they do any of that I hope it's at least when this set has been retired for a while.

I still need to get a couple of these sets.  I don't have any and I only see them on Amazon now for $19.99.  Not sure if I just skip on this set.  The arctic Batman sure does look cool though.  I was bummed when I saw they remade Aquaman.  I hope they don't remake Mr. Freeze and I don't see why they would remake an arctic batman.  If they do any of that I hope it's at least when this set has been retired for a while.

If you want it, get it. Now's the time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice to see this set doing well at Amazon. Been tracking it since I own several sets. Seems every few days price level jumps up a bit. Gonna be good returns for many people. Especially those that bought on sale. Really is a great build.

Good new, good news... (in other words, I have too many of these and am happy to see some sunlight).