76000 - Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze: Aquaman on Ice

gymant14

I don't have enough. I only have one. There is only so much money to spend and too many great sets out there! If I hit the lotto I would have a sick Lego room......or warehouse.

My son already opened one, a long long time ago.

I am not a super heroes expert but I feel like they are a dud and I want out

If you get them at half-off, you'll be hard-pressed to sell at a loss once retired.  If you are a flipper, good luck! ;)

Oh, interesting this thread popped up, I was messaging with a member last night about this exact set for Amazon.ca

Is it presumptuous to say that I'm a seller at $60?

Are you actually making sales at $60us? Lowest price on Amazon.ca is $45cdn that saw. I may just have jump in this wagon sooner than expected.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3.7.2015 at 10:12 AM, Sozial said:

3rd party seller on AMZ germany is 44 Euro, I got mine for 16 Euro, so not that bad at all...I will look if it passes the 50€ mark easily, if not I try to sell them for 50€ :-)

6 Month later and after XMAS, the set is at 40 Euro on Ebay and Amazon. If I am honest I had higher expectations for that set. Seems that to many people got the set in the hope of another 6866.

I guess I will leave the Batman&Superman investing universe to you in the future..

3rd party seller on AMZ germany is 44 Euro, I got mine for 16 Euro, so not that bad at all...I will look if it passes the 50€ mark easily, if not I try to sell them for 50€ :-)

6 Month later and after XMAS, the set is at 40 Euro on Ebay and Amazon. If I am honest I had higher expectations for that set. Seems that to many people got the set in the hope of another 6866.

I guess I will leave the Batman&Superman investing universe to you in the future..

This set yet again proves that easy money doesn't stay easy for long. I think you hit the nail on the head that there were a lot of people buying into this hoping for another 6866. Now that it hasn't popped like 6866, they're exiting and keeping the price down. Another good example is the Spider Cycle set. It was selling for around $38 in the US on Amazon earlier in the year, but fell to just over MSRP before x-mas.

The only 2 things going for this set were the Aquaman and the Mister Freeze. Aquaman is going to be in a Dimensions set soon enough DC Aquaman Fun Pack - LEGO Dimensions and Mister Freeze, no one actually cares about as a villain. I think this set got sent to the corner when the Dimensions pack was announced in all honesty. Easier, cheaper access to the one unique character?

15 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

The only 2 things going for this set were the Aquaman and the Mister Freeze. Aquaman is going to be in a Dimensions set soon enough DC Aquaman Fun Pack - LEGO Dimensions and Mister Freeze, no one actually cares about as a villain. I think this set got sent to the corner when the Dimensions pack was announced in all honesty. Easier, cheaper access to the one unique character?

Heavy, heavy discounting as well.  I picked up 8 copies at £5 each after discounts.  With that kind of discounting and availability is was always going to be a long time before it topped retail and that was assuming the figs stayed exclusive.   

As for being another 6866, that was always over ambitious, Batman / Aquaman aren’t Deadpool  / Wolverine.