Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

I can confirm this works.  Picked up of the smaller Super Heroes sets as well as the Constitution Train.   What's your take on the Batcave?

I personally love it. I think it is a $150 set easily after retirement. Has hardly been on sale, so snagging it for around $50 now is a steal in my opinion.

Guest betsy805

I'd check to see how many minifigures are actually included before deciding if your intention was reselling, but for sure $750 is good.  Have you seen the guy from Bremerton who's been posting for months now with his star wars legos?  

I'd check to see how many minifigures are actually included before deciding if your intention was reselling, but for sure $750 is good.  Have you seen the guy from Bremerton who's been posting for months now with his star wars legos?  

I have seen those, a lot of tough talk in the post, haha. If only I had that set of tires they are looking for!

interesting, I'll have to look for that!  This is also their employee discount week for customers, where you can print a pass for an additional 15% off home good (including toys).  It's supposed to be good in conjunction with other sales, coupons, and clearance.

Where do you find this coupon? I have looked on their web site but can't find anything.

interesting, I'll have to look for that!  This is also their employee discount week for customers, where you can print a pass for an additional 15% off home good (including toys).  It's supposed to be good in conjunction with other sales, coupons, and clearance.

Just did this today and it worked to get 2 Batcaves. With the discounts, came out to about $52 each after tax, which is even better than the $49 ones on clearance at Walmart (of which I found none at any of the Walmarts I went to). I don't think we'll see better discounts than that on this set (until Freddies clears them out for $49 at some point, which they probably will down the road).

That 15% also stacks on clearance items - I picked up a Kreo (shudder) Transformers set as well, retail $79.97, on clearance for $63.97, came out to just over $30 after all of the discounts. This will be a Christmas flip.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest betsy805

another 20% off toys in this mornings Freddy's ad.  I'll definitely be heading over to see if they've got anything on sale this morning!

Guest betsy805

We're only getting 10% here in southern Oregon. Oh the saddness.

Is that in the actual printed ad?  I got a 10% printable bonus coupon, and then there was also a coupon in the ad itself for 20%.....not sure what the point of that is since you can't stack them, but oh well :)  Just got a Friends Heartlake High for $40, and then a Fireplane for $35

Guest betsy805

only thing on sale was the friends series 1 bags for 3.99 instead of 4.99.  And then the fireplane was on sale, but it wasn't there last week so I think that was a return.

• 2 weeks later...

Fred Meyer is having BOGOHO (Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off) on all Star Wars and Superhero Legos.  Sale started 9/1 and ends 9/7.

I went today and they had the Fortaan Heroica on Clearance.  It was out of wrap, but only $8.  I brought it home, opened it up, and was shocked to see what I found!  It was obviously a fraudulent return as someone had stuffed it full of worn down KERO peices!  Not one legitimate Lego piece from the set.  The horror!  Not sure why they didn't check it when it got returned the first time.  Warning to all those buying Legos out of the shrink wrap (Games anyway) that are returns - have them open it at Customer Service before bringing it home.  Guess I'll be returning it to Fred Meyer.

Mez

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so here goes... if this doesn't go here, sorry! I'm wondering if it would be worth my time to look into this? Does it seem like a good deal by the add (To somebody with more experience than me?) I'm trying to get a feel for what's a good deal in USED lego sets or bulk sets. 

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/tag/4084994072.html

I'm posting this here because I'm looking at cl in the pacific NW. 

Thx

Edit:

I asked to see if they were all LEGO and whether or not they smell of smoke. I guess it seems like a decent price for all the sets shown.