I just saw Iron Man 3 last night...

Quacs

...and absolutely loved the movie.  I know, I know, I saw it in my local "second run" movie theater so I'm about 6 months late to the party.

Yet, having seen the Lego sets made for Iron Man 3, all I can say is they are THOROUGHLY disappointing, and two of the three sets include vehicles that weren't in the movie!  The only set remotely applicable to the movie is the Malibu Mansion set, and that isn't even that great.  

I had to look at these sets a second time today to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  They are awful representations of the movie.  I do like the minifigs, though.

I agree on both counts.  My wife and I thought it was the best of the three movies.

The way the lego sets portray the Mandarin is perhaps the worst aspect of them.

I can't believe Marvel signed off on this portrayal of the Mandarin.  It's almost insulting to the Iron Man franchise. 

And what's with including a War Machine fig instead of an Iron Patriot?  War Machine's not even in the movie!

Lego took some MAJOR liberties with the set designs, but considering how the film went I think they just had to. Now if I were to only look at the sets by themselves without the movie in the back of mind, they are okay. Then add the film back into the mix, "What were they thinking?!" They still did a horrible job with the Mandarin's character in the film. Thank you, Paramount, for taking one of the most iconic comicbook villians ever and turning him into the "Mandarin Proxy".

And what's with including a War Machine fig instead of an Iron Patriot?  War Machine's not even in the movie!

I guess they needed to add him in there somewhere.

i saw it after a DVD copy fell off a truck :)

it is 100% better than #2.  On par or if not better than #1.  I also didn't like the twist w/ the Mandarin.

The Hulk suit, Avengers references, and David Banner (end of credits) scenes were cool

:punish: Bruce Banner   :rofl:

I enjoyed it, but the Mandarin twist was very disappointing. Kingsley was awesome with the screen time he got, I just wanted him to be more badass than Russell Brand. The Lego sets themselves are as much a swerve as all of the trailers and promo stuff.

I was disappointed in the movie and the lego sets.  The only set I like is the one with the boat and Iron Man with War Machine (even though he isn't in the movie).

This movie was not on par with the first 2 though.  It was if they had to give us a big fireworks display at the end in effort to say It was a grand finale. 

Hard to beat the first Iron man movie because it really set the stage for The Avengers and the other super hero movies that Marvel (Disney) has made.

Glad I own stock in Disney though....