Battle of Helm's Deep for 123.11, located in Canada

Hi all,

So I was going to buy this set but every location is selling it for full retail @ 169.99. Being in Canada, very rare do I find good deals, or clearance items, not enough supply for collectors. However, Amazon.ca is selling the set for 123.11. Thinking about buying a couple. What are your thoughts on the investment potential?

Thx :)

Guest ph4tb0i

If you really can't buy from the USA, then yes it's a good deal. But if you ever plan to do a short term sell you will get undercut by a lot of people.. 

Guest ph4tb0i

Remember: resale is only good if your price is competitive enough (i.e. you have the lowest price in the market) to entice people to buy from a secondary source instead of buying from TRU, which most parents will do. 

At 123.11 + tax, you make it ridiculously easy for people who import from the US of A to undercut you. Not that I'm trying to instill doubt to eliminate my competition though :P

Of course if you're looking at it from a long term investment point of view it shouldn't really make much of a difference. :)

Competition :)

I'm finding ordering sets from the US, it has been hit and miss with crazy shipping costs. I have found some amazing deals on Bricklink though. 40 to 50 dollars shipping kinda kills any profit margin.

I think I'm addicted lately with buying legos, spent 700 already this week, lol.