21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

The Brick Fan just uploaded this interesting tidbit earlier.

The short of it, a new Architecture set will be released sometime in July and consist of 1,210 all white parts, and the first ever building event for the theme will be held. (Check link and below for information.)

Place: Oceanside, California

Store: Barnes & Noble bookstore

Address: 2615 Vista Way, 92054

Date: Friday, July 26th, 2013

Time: 6:00 p.m.

Another B&N will be holding this event (thank you bheltzel for pointing it out).

Place: Atlanta, Georgia

Address: 2900 Peachtree Road, 30305

Date: Thursday, July 25th, 2013

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Quacs pointed out this one.

Place: Oak Brook, Illinois

Address: 297 Oakbrook Center, 60523

Date: Thursday, July 25th, 2013

Time: 4:00 p.m.

The event is free to the general public.

The Architecture Studio set itself will be available for purchase from July 25th to the 28th.

Price is believed to be around $150.

LEGO Architecture Studio (21050)>9161776842_707acc1f66_o.jpg

LEGO Architecture Studio (21050)>Architecture Studio (21050)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvarmGbMlWI

• Like 1

So it is an all white kit with the aim of teaching people advanced techniques in Lego architecture?

That's what it looks like to me. Basically a 'blueprint' set for building your own Architecture style sets I'd say. It could be an interesting parts package if all I wanted so happened to be white pieces.

This actually sounds really cool!! I wish they had these in more than one color. You know... 50 shades of gray and red and blue and stuff! :P 

Should we expect this to be around $90-$100?

CB - I think you're dead on with that price. It will be on many architecture class syllabuses in the fall.

Also, I hope I am wrong on the price. My dad is an architect, and I don't think I can avoid buying this for his next visit with a 5 year old budding builder grandson in the house.

I bet everyone will be having tons of fun building different structures while also learning about architecture.

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible you just need to be at a Barnes & Noble.  When I checked the local Chicago calendar, here's what it came up with:

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/4420600

While it doesn't provide specifics, this "special event" sounds like they will be introducing Lego Architecture studio.  

I'll call tomorrow to see exactly what they're introducing (assuming the clerk answering the phone knows anything).