Is this a good deal?

jtrecker

Hi all. Noobie here. This guy is selling all the below for $300 on craigslist. I'm definitely interested in the super hero sets, but don't know about the rest of the stuff. Is this a good investment? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have a list of the sets? It looks promising, but with a list, I can get a better idea what the value should be.

Quickly looking over the pics without getting specific values, it doesn't seem to be much of a deal if it's $300 for just the sets pictured. I would estimate $300 is fairly close to to actual value of those sets in their opened condition, assuming all minifigures and parts are there. If you're just looking for something to invest in and you have no interest in any of these sets for yourself, I would suggest skipping it and buying sealed versions of whatever Super Hero sets you like instead. The town and PoP sets pictured aren't anything great for investment purposes.

Unfortunately he did not list them. From what I can tell (thanks to your site) there is: Super heros: 6862-2: Superman Vs Power Armor Lex 6860-1: The Batcave 6863-1: Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 6864-1: The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase Prince of Persia: 7573-1: Battle of Alamut Pirates of Caribbean: 4183-1: The Mill Plus maybe one more small one City: 4208-1: Fire Truck 4431-1: Ambulance 4432-1: Garbage Truck Plus 7 other city sets I can not exactly pick out at this time Plus 2 Alien Con...? sets I can not make out

Quickly looking over the pics without getting specific values, it doesn't seem to be much of a deal if it's $300 for just the sets pictured. I would estimate $300 is fairly close to to actual value of those sets in their opened condition, assuming all minifigures and parts are there. If you're just looking for something to invest in and you have no interest in any of these sets for yourself, I would suggest skipping it and buying sealed versions of whatever Super Hero sets you like instead. The town and PoP sets pictured aren't anything great for investment purposes.

This.