4504 - Millennium Falcon

andymaciam

Hey, I saw this Millenium Falcon set 4504 on sale on Ebay in Ireland here so looked it up on Brickpicker and noticed it is decreasing in value. I'm perplexed??? Any reason why???

Several reasons...Old set that might have peaked in value. Newer, similar sets released that are cheaper. Recent sales might be of poor quality(box quality, etc...). Fact is, some old LEGO sets do depreciate.

Huh, good to know. Could be said that older sets are rarer and therefore will continue to appreciate but in fact this is not always the case eh... It would be interesting to see what other sets are decreasing in value and if there is a common link between them such as age, newer models, etc... Love the site by the way, fabulous work from you guys...

Yes, whenever new versions are released the older models drop in price. This is usually temporary - when the newer model is discontinued and becomes unavailable, the old ones will once again increase in value. a similar thing is currently happening with Jabba's Palace. Of course, when the new releases are not done very well (Batman) - the impact is less (if any). I actually believe that the newer Batman sets have helped people to realize just how great the old ones were.