Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Pretty sure @TheOrcKing is going to when he sees this   And look who they cast as Scrooge

Interesting to see a different voice actor for each of the three nephews as opposed to the one in the original. David Tennant has some spacious spats to fill especially after the very recent passing of Alan Young just earlier this year. An advantage already for Tennant being he is Scottish compared to Young who was Canadian-American acting as a Scot though that is in no way downplaying Young's longtime signature performance of the likeable miser.

Anyway it is nice to see the new gang having some fun here. It will be a while still before seeing and hearing how fleshed out each actor can bring for their character. Aside from Scrooge himself, the other one I hope gets done right is good ol' Launchpad. He had such a signature laugh and warm spirit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
41 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Anyone watches The Grand Tour?  Basically Amazon version of Top Gear, but with tons of money

I watched 1st episode & part of 2nd and was pretty impressed.

I've seen up to episode 8, all shows have been great and it's nice to see the boys back on form. It's a little more "Adult" than Top Gear was so I wouldn't let any young daughters watch it with you. She'll only ask, "Daddy, what is a gentleman sausage?" the Namibia ones were my favourites.

I hope to watch the last 2 episodes by this weekend. Chris Evans & Matt LePlank didn't have a clue with Top Gear and I hope that the BBC dump it now.

20 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Anyone watches The Grand Tour?  Basically Amazon version of Top Gear, but with tons of money

I watched 1st episode & part of 2nd and was pretty impressed.  

I have enjoyed it. Only watched a few so far. Recently been distracted by Amazon's Man in the High Castle (much faster pace than season one, loved it) and Sneaky Pete (I felt I was being conned by episode 10, loved it), as well as Netflix's Medici Masters of Florence ("Robb Stark" plays the main character
"Cossimo").

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...