Ninjago Dragons "putting all your eggs in one basket"

IrishGuy66

I have been contemplating stocking up on the Golden Dragon for awhile, I'm just not sure that it will follow the same path as the Ice Dragon. I recently read that a new dragon was coming with next line-up. The Mech Dragon! Is it safe to "put all your eggs in one basket" when it comes to Ninjago dragons?

I have been contemplating stocking up on the Golden Dragon for awhile, I'm just not sure that it will follow the same path as the Ice Dragon. I recently read that a new dragon was coming with next line-up. The Mech Dragon! Is it safe to "put all your eggs in one basket" when it comes to Ninjago dragons?

This is what I have heard - but everyone is buying the Epic Dragon battle. We really only have one iteration of examples, right?

I`m not a fan of the line at all to be honest. Just not my cup of tea per se. I did however, have to give in a buy some Epic Dragon Battle when I found a stash for $50 each at walmart. That aside, kids love them, that much is obvious. It`s a huge seller primarily because of the dragons. For this reason, I believe 70403 Dragon Mountain from the Castle line will be a huge seller. Most everyone wants one of these bad boys in their collection and this make them a safe bet. Also explains why many of the other Ninjagos (Namely Ultra Sonic Raider) are considered poorer investment. No Dragons!

Bottom line, Dragons aren`t going anywhere in terms of popularity. Doesn`t really matter if everyone is buying Golden Dragons or Epic Dragons. The market may flood once EOL, but my money is on what will happen down the road, say 8-10 years. These will be long gone. Even if Lego makes something better in that time, people will still want originals. To directly answer your question, there isn`t really a loss here. Always try and buy on sale (obviously) and don`t necessarily expect massive returns instantly once EOL. As should be the case with everything  :thumbsup:

I'm banking on a solid return from this set.  I would not, however, expect 600%+ returns in under 3 years as routine.  Get them for $25 or less though and you'll probably be sitting pretty a year after they're retired.  I'd be shocked if you didn't double your money within 2 years, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

{Also explains why many of the other Ninjagos (Namely Ultra Sonic Raider) are considered poorer investment.}

Yes for now but its not retired yet!!! Will be another winner.

Most of Ninjago pretty good investments....aka spinners (ninjas not skeletons from 1st wave and second one too), small sets like Kai bike (was on clearance 7-12.00 (MSRP 14.99) and now 35-36.00 on eBay.com just in 6 month!!!), medium sets Bounty Ship......too.Many others.

Its not a 100% guaranteed all 100 %of them winners but 65-75% for sure. Dragons is numero uno, no questions but in general Ninjago very very strong line. Thats why its coming back in 2014, right?

I don't think any of the new dragons will do as well as the original 4.  Most had short runs and many didn't pick them up when they had a chance.  Compare that today where everyone has a couple epic battles and gold ones.  I am pretty sure they will do alright but just not as good as the originals.

I don't think any of the new dragons will do as well as the original 4.  Most had short runs and many didn't pick them up when they had a chance.  Compare that today where everyone has a couple epic battles and gold ones.  I am pretty sure they will do alright but just not as good as the originals.

Sure, but EDB will do pretty good (as good as Black Pearl). EDB will be at least 199.99 after EOL. Thats good cause I got 10 and emazers got even more.... :thumbsup:

This is the only set I investing in that wasn't a gut feeling. Well, that and the latest Anakin's Podracer (ugh). Anyway, I only purchased 5 units and these will be the only Ninjago sets in my portfolio. Quite a few larger bulk investors were buying them at discount and that Target sale was too good to pass up.

The sonic raider is indeed a great flip. It comes with all four of the ninjas in their ZX outfits, so it is an easy sell.

Agreed, and it is reasonably priced for that reason.

I had them listed and they didn't move for about 4 weeks, then it seemed like that was all I was selling.

As always I wish I had more to sell, but you never know what will become a hot seller sometimes.