What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Guest eightbrick

Regrettably had to pass up on two Ninjago fire temples at a Japanese TRU for 13999 Yen (about 140 USD) due to lack of funds. For anyone interested it was the TRU near Kyoto station. You could probably double your money with those suckers if you held them for a year or two.

I passed on the BTTF Delorean set today. I bought one already last week. I buy only 1 or 2 of a specific set (with the exception of $1 or less clearance polybag or minifig). I will buy 2 if I see my kids or I will be interested in building, otherwise 1. My theory is if the set won't go up in value, or lose its value, at least my family can open it, build it, and enjoy it.

All the ones that Freakin Walmart has marked as clearance but is actually REGULAR PRICE!!!!!!!!!! :ireful:

Tell me about it. :getlost:

How about all the sets in the regular Lego aisle collecting layers of dust so thick I can see my own handprints! Or how about the same exact set or sets that have been sitting there for months yet never gets discounted even once. My Walmart still has a full row of 4429 Helicopter Rescue sets which have been there since Christmas (maybe before) and one lone Attack on Weathertop still there from the last two months (same exact boxes in the same exact spot). No one has bought these let alone touched the suckers and yet they ask full retail for all of it.

I swear, I feel like this guy right here. :frantics:

I guess it's been a while since I've passed on a set since the last one I passed has cursed my sole. When I start collecting 2009 I wasn't spending very much I bought 4 sets and passed on two sets that I claimed that I would get next I would come. I bought the Eiffel Tower, cafe corner, green grocer and fire brigade and left Taj Mahal and grand carousel. Still today don't have either.

+1 for Orc forge, I think lego/target got excited with the sales numbers post "retiring soon" tag and are milking like crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if they got greeting and put it back in to production, joke would be on them as all demand would instantly die and there would be a flood of returned sets as well.