What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

24 minutes ago, Mathew said:

How can something be marked "Clearance" when it was just put on store shelves and the movie isn't released for another month?!  Some crazy Walmart manager's way of moving inventory in a hee-haw market?

Not even 2 months ago someone on this forum reported seeing the new U-wing on clearance at WM the week it came out. Not once, but twice.

Could be that they were supplied with too much stock, and the manager decided to use some of his clearance budget to get rid of some of the excess stock. Or could just be a WM that doesn't care.

28 minutes ago, Mathew said:

How can something be marked "Clearance" when it was just put on store shelves and the movie isn't released for another month?!

I've found it best not to try to understand what they do.  Just sit back, smile, and watch .... like those $12 UCS sandcrawlers.

• Like 1

Shelf full of 75084 Wookiee Gunship at 33% off, they've been sitting there for months, was hoping they would have reduced more but no. Not really worth buying right now as only selling for abit above RRP. don't really see much of a future for set aswell.

I picked up one at 50% off back In March. Still can't get rid of it for under RRP. You made a good decision.
  • Like 1

70904 - Clayface Splat Attack
Saw it at Walmart for $3 off and was very tempted to walk out with it. Very cool looking set.

My kids really want that one. Let me know if it is a difficult build as my son no longer wants help. I was afraid it would fall apart easily, so I have not picked it up yet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Found a small toy store In The Florida Mall. Looks like they went heavy with Nexo Knights. I can see their history of wise decisions in the Center. 70bf233466b4f83d2e0c408bb214fbfb.jpg

My first time seeing one in the wild. I almost bought it so I could say I had one too.

If you want to belong to that club, I'm sure there are a few us here that would fall all over ourselves to make a sale to you.
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

TRU finally called me this afternoon to say that they've tracked down 4x Scooby Doo Mystery Machines to replace the ones that were trashed. I simply replied, "I can't possibly buy them as I'm no longer a TRU customer, I want them MISB and can't go through another 2 month wait for a refund!". It's the Reading branch if anybody wants to pop in and ask for them.

• 2 weeks later...

x15  Lego 10702 @ 2.50 each regularly $35 I believe

The walmart lady stared at me arm sweeping them, then proceeded to call her manager over and say that they forgot to add a zero...$25/ea....

She also implied I was trying to rush off with all of them...bahhhhhh. Close one!

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-10702-Classic-Creative/dp/B013GYB3O8/ref=sr_1_cc_6?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1485920551&sr=1-6-catcorr&keywords=lego+creative+box

• Like 3