What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I found this interesting, at Dunham's Sporting Goods.
bd20d89e2524f81d8e572fc29adc9caa.jpg

I'd have left them too with the stickers rendering them worthless to ever-demanding buyers. Why do retailers still do this? Isn't a sticker on the shelf easier? It's not rocket science to change the price on a barcode.

45 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'd have left them too with the stickers rendering them worthless to ever-demanding buyers. Why do retailers still do this? Isn't a sticker on the shelf easier? It's not rocket science to change the price on a barcode.

Wal-Mart store pick-up has new stickers.  The CSR assured me these won't damage the boxes like the stickers they've used before, righhhhht.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

A Technic Porsche for £140 in John Lewis (damaged box) as I think this will be around for ages and will be -50% soon enough. I'd only buy it to build as it'll be too hoarded fir a long time.

If not being first on a CL response counts as not buying :)

I'm waiting to see if some other BP'er shows up and say "I beat you!" on this one, but...

CL ad posted today that had a large list of sets (ships and trains among other things), but namely UCS 10030-1: Imperial Star Destroyer and 10129-1: Rebel Snowspeeder with instructions and boxes. Whole lot was $900.

Guess I was second in line on this congrats to whoever got the batch! Lucky sob :) 

• Like 1