What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I passed on buying the 75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush for $39.99 at TRU.  Darn TRU pricing. :( 

I will figure out a way to work some magic to get it, even if it is only 10% off using their credit card.  That set has been on the shelf for two weeks.  Could be a winner during the Christmas selling season.

Edited by LegoWalker4

Passed on 2 squashed box Tie Strikers, 4 or 5 Arendelle Castle Celebration, and a stack of nexos, think they were Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster, all at 50%.  With a further 5% on giftcards available to me.   Damaged boxes at 50% are too much work these days, and demand on the others isn’t going to happen.  Sad state when 50% discounts aren’t worth it anymore.     

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Every set and the same yesterday and the day before and the day before, you get the idea.

This is me, having not bought anything in over a month

giphy.gif

Same as that! no purchases in 6 weeks or more. Nothing really taking my interest, deals wise anyway. Have a few sets that I'm targeting and no deviation!

2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Every set and the same yesterday and the day before and the day before, you get the idea.

This is me, having not bought anything in over a month

giphy.gif

And this is me having bought something for the first time in 36 days at lunchtime after picking up 2 Y-Wings for €40 each in the Disney Store

giphy 2.gif

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

He really wants that Friends Tic-Tac-Toe, though!

Nah, I'm just getting tight in my old age.

Not only do I not pay over RRP, I don't pay RRP either! ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Patience is a virtue and the rocket will be 3-4-2 in a few weeks so you´ll be able to hawk 2 down the pub and get to build the third for free.

Exactly! I'll build one and shift the other 2 locally for RRP ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy

My John Lewis order for 1x 21309 Saturn V didn't arrive as promised this morning. It was cancelled along with those of many others and I was told that it's unlikely that they'll be back in stock.

EOL imminent?

Could this be a £250 set soon if not restocked within 2 weeks?

I'll take one off your hands (even in slightly dented box) for £109.99 posted, not a penny more, sorry ;-)

23 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

My John Lewis order for 1x 21309 Saturn V didn't arrive as promised this morning. It was cancelled along with those of many others and I was told that it's unlikely that they'll be back in stock.

EOL imminent?

Could this be a £250 set soon if not restocked within 2 weeks?

I'll take one off your hands (even in slightly dented box) for £109.99 posted, not a penny more, sorry ;-)

Only released in june, it's going through the same OOS stages as the technic Porsche box fiasco, it'll back in  greater numbers at John Lewis / TRU / lego soon 

Today I missed a TMNT Mutation Chamber Unleashed (79119). Mint box, discounted from €26.99 to €17.00 here in Austria.
Thought it could be an instand quick flip but passed on that one. Didn't want to burn myself with this set. The last TMNT set (Shellraiser Street Chase, 79104) took me 7 months to get rid of it. Buy-in €40, sold for €55, MSRP Austria: €69.99. I hate TMNT sets... only Chima is much worser. They seem to be less popular here in Europe.

Also negotiated with a logal seller on craiglist regarding his pirate ship lot. All in best to mint condition with original instructions. 100% complete. It seems to me that this "100% complete"seem to be real 100% and not like the other "100%" that at the end are 80% or less complete. :)

He wanted 700€ for the whole collection. Only the entire collection is beeing sold. My bid was 550€ for all ships, but he denied. He told me that he only has a 5% price tolerance. So I missed to by these sets:

6285 Black Seas Barracuda (with original instructions)
6286 Skull's Eye Schooner (with original instructions)
6271 Imperial Flagship (with original instructions)
6274 Caribbean Clipper (with original instructions)
6268 Renegade Runner (with original instructions)
6280 Armada Flagship (with original instructions)

Maybe he changes his mind - it is hard to sell toys for so much money?!

NISB Brick Bank for $90 from one of those warehouse liquidator companies. Not because I didn't want to but because one of you got there much faster than me (I hope it was one of you!)

Used VW T1 camper for $10, only because it was too far a drive (1.5 hours). I hope one of you got it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Joker low rider dropped to $40 at 1 out 5 local wm. Just couldn't pull the trigger. Only 3 left and they'll surely sell, though thinking I can still get a better price.

These will eventually make it to at least 50% off at Barnes & Noble I would imagine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy

NOT bought (or paid for) per se, but a 21309 Saturn V arrived on my doorstep yesterday morning with only a handwritten address label. I have a feeling that My Hermes may have left it as "compensation" for the kicked/trodden/thrown one that arrived the other week - I really did create a stink. They've not replied to my email and John Lewis said it wasn't them. I don't care now... I'm keeping it!

So... I did not buy this set today ;-)