What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

TRU North Miami, I would like one for building but my price point was 150 (+ tax, 7%)

all manager could do for me was 30% off with my 10% off coupon but none of these options would not stack (neither individually) with the amazon.com price matching

the best combo was the 30% plus 10% coming to a total of ~168 (I had discounted 15% GC but not for the whole amount)

(got it from amazon UK via BL referral link instead)

20170723_133255.jpg

I didn't buy any. The person that said, "Lego is better than gold" Bring your gold I'll trade you for Lego"

I don't plan on buying any, except another 10255, I want to put two of them together to form 1 big one.

Other than that I not buying any anymore, the richest man in Denmark got to greedy and they cant forgive, even if your 71 years old.

No more investment here. I would love to sell all I have in bins, all of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mayor said:

I didn't buy any. The person that said, "Lego is better than gold" Bring your gold I'll trade you for Lego"

I don't plan on buying any, except another 10255, I want to put two of them together to form 1 big one.

Other than that I not buying any anymore, the richest man in Denmark got to greedy and they cant forgive, even if your 71 years old.

No more investment here. I would love to sell all I have in bins, all of them.

As a currency hedge, insurance against the fed and loonies in Washington, yup no chance, give me gold all day long,  as an investment measured by actual realized return, the right lego wins.  Not lego in general.  Taking less dollars and turning them into more dollars cuz people are crazy enough to pay high prices for plastic and then turning that into gold, now that is smart.

1 hour ago, Halfrig said:

Star Wars Turbo Tanks at Wal-Mart for $49 each.  I hoping to get one in the $35 range.

I would not be passing on Turbo Tanks at that price.  If there is enough inventory to sit it out until another price drop comes along that's great, but it only takes one person to wipe them out in your area.  Around here the Turbo Tank is almost non-existent at Walmart now. 

13 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I would not be passing on Turbo Tanks at that price.  If there is enough inventory to sit it out until another price drop comes along that's great, but it only takes one person to wipe them out in your area.  Around here the Turbo Tank is almost non-existent at Walmart now. 

Agreed... and none in my area within 50 miles.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've had a 21309 on backorder for a while and LEGO have just cancelled it. I called them this afternoon and there's still a huge backorder queue ahead of me which the latest production run won't meet. At least I've got the free Piggybank promo and another freebie for being an O2 customer. Could 21309's EOL be imminent? I've never seen any set at TOOS for so long.

Guys... Hold onto these and let the QFLLs run out first. If this set is done, £300+ ain't far off. Don't PM me as I WILL NOT pay more than £109.99 for one ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, pstebbing said:

Man are you trying to stir things up or what.

No way TLG is stopping this money printing machine anytime soon.

How come they didn't produce millions and have them stacked up high everywhere? Even the newbies on here knew that demand would be MASSIVE. LEGO could've already reached their production target and may EOL it quickly if the margin is small, which it could well be as it's the best value set in years. They stopped the Mars Rover when that was in very high demand. If LEGO have tight production schedules, I can't see them churning out many more if there's resources already assigned to new 2018 sets.

Remember, LEGO are full of surprises and shocks.... My 2p worth if course ;-)

If it's not restocked in the UK by the middle of August, I don't think it ever will be, it's done. Then... £300+ by Xmas.

I've got a horrible feeling that I'll not be getting one as I stubbornly refuse to pay above RRP no matter what.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Ive got two coming from LEGO Shop at Home tomorrow. I'll be curious to see the seal codes.
Good points however on production runs. If they do stop production before end of '17 I think they will pick it back up first quarter in '18. TLG has already stated that production will run into 2018.

Passed on 2X  41068 $30 Arendelle Castle Celebration - After seeing many Frozen toys, doll etc. still on the shelves I was hesitant because the Disney Frozen theme may not be popular as it once was.  Even my 9 year daughter has cooled on Frozen (no pun intended).

Passed on 2X 76056 $21 Batman: Rescue from Ra's al Ghul - Last summer I would have arm swept these at this price, but these still seem to be readily available and I feel the 70911 The Penguin Arctic Roller I bought may be a better choice because it is hard to find, if not impossible, at Target and went quickly at 30% off.

If only I could find Elves dragon sets around here...?

Didn't Buy:

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Batman: Killer Croc Sewer Smash, 76055 $30 

LEGO Super Heroes Kryptonite Interception 76045 $15

LEGO City Volcano Exploration Base 60124 $60

LEGO City Fire Response Unit 60108 $20

LEGO City Airport Passenger Terminal 60104 $50

LEGO Super Heroes Spider-Man: Doc Ocks Tentacle Trap 76059 $18

3 minutes ago, bigfanofnu said:

Didn't Buy:

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Batman: Killer Croc Sewer Smash, 76055 $30 

LEGO Super Heroes Kryptonite Interception 76045 $15

LEGO City Volcano Exploration Base 60124 $60

LEGO City Fire Response Unit 60108 $20

LEGO City Airport Passenger Terminal 60104 $50

LEGO Super Heroes Spider-Man: Doc Ocks Tentacle Trap 76059 $18

I wish I had some more 60104s to not pass on around here.

• 2 weeks later...