interesting Cuusoo project : LOTR Minas Tirith

Guest ph4tb0i

lol, whoever submitted this probably saved TLG like 300 hours of expensive designer labor to engineer the next "UCS" for the LOTR line... 

Is Orthanc labeled "UCS"?  I really wish TLC would come out with an exclusive line of large, collectible LOTR sets similar to Star Wars UCS.  They could even call it something different if they want to keep UCS branded to SW only (I know there's a UCS Batmobile but it's the exception).

I think I read the Rivendell was created by two teenagers. It's freaking amazing. There's a brickshow video of it if anyone's interested.

I agree with Grolim, the Minas Tirith is at a weird scale... Still pretty sweet though. Just the Mocs on this page blow away any Star Wars environment moc I've ever seen. I'd say it's a tie between Rivendell and the UCS AT-AT for best moc ever.

While I like the city, I don't like how out of proportion the trebuchets are.  If we get anything close to this from Lego, if it happens, I will be happy.  The last thing I want is just the Citadel or just some wall.  That would be pathetic.

The Rivendell, Amon Hen, and Edoras are amazing.  I would love to see the Edoras as a Lego set.

Guest eightbrick

Saw this MOC awhile ago when it was frontpaged on EB. Good stuf, thanks for bringing it up again. I don't think it's going to make it into production anytime soon even if it does hit 10000. Our best hope is that Lego follows the design and makes its own Minas Tirith.

• 2 weeks later...

While I like the city, I don't like how out of proportion the trebuchets are.  If we get anything close to this from Lego, if it happens, I will be happy.  The last thing I want is just the Citadel or just some wall.  That would be pathetic.

The Rivendell, Amon Hen, and Edoras are amazing.  I would love to see the Edoras as a Lego set.

I agree about the proportion issue. While it is definitely an amazing set, it's hard not to notice how tiny that skinny jutting out part is (sorry I can't think of the right word to describe it) compared to the size of that white horse. 

Found some more photos of the set, including interiors. I like the scene of Faramir on the funeral pyre. Lego flames always make me laugh. Someone in that scene needs to be holding a fire extinguisher.

I need a Lego Balrog. Or did someone already do this?