interesting Cuusoo project : LOTR Minas Tirith

Saw this MOC awhile ago when it was frontpaged on EB. Good stuf, thanks for bringing it up again. I don't think it's going to make it into production anytime soon even if it does hit 10000. Our best hope is that Lego follows the design and makes its own Minas Tirith.

It's a nice looking build, but I thought the whole point of CUUSOO was, design something that Lego would otherwise not produce themselves.  Minas Tirith will ABSOLUTELY be made at some point, regardless of people voting for this or not.  There's probably already a team working on it. 

Guest eightbrick

It's a nice looking build, but I thought the whole point of CUUSOO was, design something that Lego would otherwise not produce themselves.  Minas Tirith will ABSOLUTELY be made at some point, regardless of people voting for this or not.  There's probably already a team working on it. 

Yeah, but with the UCS Sandcrawler Lego said one of the big problems (in addition to its size) was their ongoing license with Lucasfilm. That sort of confused me, but I guess there is some sort of clause that appears in the license that prevents Cuusoo SW models. The same thing could happen to the LOTR license. I see this project as the back-up plan: I think it will gain a lot of traction if the LOTR line ends after this most recent wave as people complain about the lack of Gondor sets.