The Hobbit 2014

Several LEGO fan websites are reporting a new Hobbit set called The Lake Town Chase. The set will retail for $49.99 with 334 pieces, and 5 minifigures: Bilbo Baggins, Thorin, Bard, the Master of Lake Town, and one guard. It's a very nice little set, but it has a high price tag for the amount of pieces that are included. Never the less, I'll be picking it up eventually. Scheduled release is December 2013!

bp_1374277034__screen_shot_2013-07-19_at

Personally, I'm not that impressed by the set, as it is pretty barren looking, and doesn't have too much "filling". Oh well.

• Like 2

Cool.  Personally I'll probably pass or maybe just get it for the miniifigs.  Lego needs sets like this to hit each price point, but I always want more :D

At least it confirms more Hobbit sets based on the 2nd movie releasing at the same time.  Will be interesting to see other sets in the wave 2. 

Guest eightbrick

Personally, I love it. The snowy atmosphere is beautiful, with a bit of nice backgrounding, the box is going to look really nice. Thanks for sharing!

Guest idunno101

Hmmm... this set doesn't impress me that much compared to the other sets but I'll see about the minifigs before I make the decision to buy or not.

FBTB is also reporting that the Azog Hobbit minifigure is being randomly given away, not even at the LEGO booth. 

bp_1374279595__screen_shot_2013-07-19_at

Now that's just not fair.  Sigh, hopefully he is released in another set since he has a semi large role in the movies.  Darn you Lego.

Now that's just not fair.  Sigh, hopefully he is released in another set since he has a semi large role in the movies.  Darn you Lego.

Considering LEGO is just randomly handing this out and there was no special commotion over this minifig being released, I really think he'll show up in a set. 

Considering LEGO is just randomly handing this out and there was no special commotion over this minifig being released, I really think he'll show up in a set. 

Great point there, ExoBro. Minifigures that are "quiet" and not publicized or widely available could end up showing up in sets. On the other hand, it might be good for anyone who wants to buy the ComicCon one, as fewer people know of it. I'd pick one up for $10, and even then, that's like $2 per piece. Maybe I can bargain him down to a reasonable $0.10 Price per piece ratio.  :D

I was biting my tongue when I saw it :P

As a character created specifically for the movies, I suspect they will have him all the way through to the third film and in turn hopefully we will see him in a set. I doubt they would create a head mould like that to not use in a set, especially considering how expensive the moulds are

LEGO: Please, please release Azog in a normal set or at a price point that "regular people" can afford. I've never asked this of you for any of those limited Star Wars or Comic figures...but I'm asking now. :wacko:

I have a feeling that at least a few people have said that in years past. I wish they would let us commonfolk get the SDCC SW minifigure displays. Those were sweet!! Imagine getting a Vader's Transformation for less than $100, that also retained a value of $300+...  :drool:  :hyper:  :thumbsu: In my dreams. :P

Great point there, ExoBro. Minifigures that are "quiet" and not publicized or widely available could end up showing up in sets. On the other hand, it might be good for anyone who wants to buy the ComicCon one, as fewer people know of it. I'd pick one up for $10, and even then, that's like $2 per piece. Maybe I can bargain him down to a reasonable $0.10 Price per piece ratio.  :D

Azog is not even listed on eBay yet, but I think when he is the first sellers will list it for a ton of money. But considering I'm probably going to end up dropping $300+ for the black suit Superman, I would say that if anyone wants/needs the SDCC Azog they should just get it.   :super:

The boat looks like the Viking boat from 7016.

Funny, I thought the exact same thing when I saw the image on Brickset. This is a cool looking set, but price point is a potential issue. If it is supposed to be $49.99 US, Canadians are looking at $60-$65+. Lego had better not think they can price a set like this for that. We`ll all be very disappointed I`m sure  :shocked: