The Hobbit 2014

Anybody have pics saved? They've all been removed and I'd love to see them if you have a flickr or related account

It sounds like folks are pissed.  Lego must have really dropped the ball on these.

I stand by my assessment after seeing pictures.  These suck and the only redeeming value is the figures.  Lego gave this the old "college try" and will use the moderate sales to back up dropping the line when they could have made badass sets and swam in money. 

For me it isn't even the lack of a wave 3.  Just give us a UCS Minas Tirith and everyone is happy.  I'm talking $300+.

I keep holding out hope for a D2C set for this, but after seeing the lackluster effort put into BO5A sets, it's obvious they have thrown in the towel and are just trying to get it over with.  Not giving us anything Gondor is criminal and basically just left us a turd on our doorstep. 

I liken it to Indiana Jones where they never made anything from the entire Grail scene at the end of the movie.  And before you say "they won't make anything religious" remember they made an Ark of the Covenant in Lego form as well.

End rant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes thats Dain legolas and most likely Bard (again)

As predicted no generic soldiers.....

Bad designs and awful sets......

With this leaks the Smaug sets looks actually good, but the smallest set is the best.

There's still a possibility we'll get generic soldiers in the form of a polybag like the lake town guards.  I agree after seeing these the Lonely Mountain looks like a superstar.

I feel like Lego phoned in most of the Hobbit line, and this 3rd wave looks like even less effort was put into it.  It's a shame really, they could have been fantastic sets.

There's still a possibility we'll get generic soldiers in the form of a polybag like the lake town guards.  I agree after seeing these the Lonely Mountain looks like a superstar.

I feel like Lego phoned in most of the Hobbit line, and this 3rd wave looks like even less effort was put into it.  It's a shame really, they could have been fantastic sets.

Highly unlikely, it is a small possibility IF mohawk from Dain is removable.....

• 3 weeks later...

The Laketown set is basically the remake of the previous one, with a few changes. The first one is pretty good, but I wish they did something new(or at least, something newer) with this one. That said, the other sets look great, very good, and better than this past wave IMHO (except for Mirkwood Elf Army, that one is gold!). 

• Like 1

I agree for many to appear to have not been excited by the initial photos I think these make these sets look great. Love Smaug.

No it is not like tower of Orthanc or some others but I like them.

Of course we will not get another major complete castle set like helms deep again (Ed that is a joke of course from the old thread discussion)

Too bad they put Azog in another set and we didn't get Bolg. 

I'm sure I'll buy one of each and the some Smaug sets to hold onto, but other than that, this will be purchased lightly and all at discount.

Yeah that's my exact gameplan but I am pleasantly surprised after seeing those pictures so I really don't regret being a completionist for the hobbit/ lotr lineup

Found two of the new hobbit sets at a tru in *** on Friday night. Just got a chance to put 3 of the 6 bags together and Smaug is fantastic! He is bigger than I thought he would be. His wings are rubber and fold up. Very detailed too. Even has scales on his under belly as well as a blacked out scale from where he was hit with an arrow.