Mixels 2014

agp548

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

Looks like they are trying to expand on the cmf's. Looking for the why not it's only a few dollars parents. a sorta "gotta catch them all" brick style

• 3 weeks later...

I think these things are really cool and zany, and will likely start a collection (both investment and personal) of them.  Besides, I kinda like these brick-built mini-builds better than the CMFs.  What would make them really collectible/desirable is if each model number came with a rare or unique piece.

Here we can clearly see Series 2 & 3 of the upcoming Mixels sets.

Via The Brick Fan

Series 2

12354710734_943eb64eac_o.jpg

Slumbo (41509), Lunk (41510), Flurr (41511)

Chomly (41512), Gobba (41513), Jawg (41514)

Kraw (41515), Tentro (41516), Balk (41516)

Series 3

12354262295_7178148ec9_o.jpg

Glomp (41518), Glurt (41519), Torts (41520)

Footi (41521), Scorpi (41522), Hoogi (41523)

Mesmo (41524), Magnifo (41525), Wizwuz (41526)

Almost forgot, here is what the boxes for these will look like.

12355159094_8d15b3ca25_o.png

Found it interesting that Mixels had two advertisements before the Lego Movie (in the theater), but there was NO mention of TLG's role in the venture.

On a different topic, there was also a kre-o ad before the movie too, and there were definite jeers from the early arrivals, including one Dad who said "What do we think of those things?" followed by the ten or so kids he brought saying "they're garbage!" One even was reprimanded for language when he said "they suck!" It was the funniest moment I've had waiting for movie to start...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Guest betsy805

Love them! I think these are super cute although I'm probably more excited about the prospect of ordering a whole bunch of eyeballs from bricklink.  :rofl:

I do not like those Mixels.... looks average... and way too childish for my medieval taste :P

I'm with you, these things look ugly and dumb to me.  Even to the point where i'll pass on investing even if they do well.

These are for kids afterall. :cheese: I don't know about straight up investment but they make unique parts packs especially with all those new ball and socket joints.

Long time collector, new to investing/reselling...

Got a full set of 9 this morning from TRU with BOGO -- they only had a single box of them.  Looks like maybe 2 sets plus change per box.

Any thoughts on the best way to resell?  Hold'em until series 2 or 3 come out then sell?  Flip now for $10 ea, or perhaps combine and sell as a full set?

There's either none on ebay, or everyone's attempt to find them is getting spell corrected to: lego mixed*  by ebay...

What's worked for me in the past is if I'm among the very first to get something, especially something that doesn't go into several tens of dollars or anything close to $100 or more, I usually flip em quick. There's almost always going to be a chance to get them once they're widely available everywhere. That said, I've only been doing this a year or so now and I've only tried this with minifigs and polybags, which are the only frames of reference we have to this new line.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

My store got these guys in earlier this week, so far they don't seem to be too popular. My thought is maybe when the show starts up they'll start selling a lot better, they definitely have a cool collectible aspect to them that may prove interesting. Still working on my Lego Movie Mystery figs though, probably won't pick any of these guys up myself.

My store got these guys in earlier this week, so far they don't seem to be too popular. My thought is maybe when the show starts up they'll start selling a lot better, they definitely have a cool collectible aspect to them that may prove interesting. Still working on my Lego Movie Mystery figs though, probably won't pick any of these guys up myself.

As the funky straight up builds goes for these little weirdos, I am not too interested. However, I do like the varying assortment of their equally weird parts so I will be buying them up here and there soon as I can find any. There really isn't anything to compare them with so I have no idea about actual investment other than maybe selling the individual parts on BrickLink. Admitedly, there are a couple of these buggers I do like though. Haha.