Advertise on Brickpicker.com - Promote Your LEGO Business

For about a year now, we have received a number of requests to do advertising on the site.  I never had anything in place to manage it, but since the forum upgrade, I now have a way to allow you to do some self service promoting of your LEGO businesses.  We are just going to start simple. Two main areas.  One is the header where you can post a large 728x90 Banner that will be in the main header of the entire site.  That includes the homepage as well.  There will be up to 5 banners that can rotate in this position.  The flat rate for this type of banner will be $100 for 30 days.

We are also going to offer quite a few smaller 130x100 banners that will be posted at the bottom of the forum index page.  This is by far one of the more heavily viewed pages.  Each spot is your own.  It will not rotate with any other banner.  Right now there are 8 open positions.  Each spot is $25 for 30 days. You can see a bunch of placeholder graphics on the Forum Index page.  This is where the ads will go and the actual size of the ads.

Here is a chance for you to promote your Lego business.  Let people see your eBay store to help sell your current listings.  Later you will be able to promote your Brick Classifieds store as well.

The one rule is that it needs to be LEGO related.  All other ads will most likely be rejected.

If you are graphically challenged and have no idea how to make a banner, but would like to post one, send me a PM and I can help you come up with something to post.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Guest idunno101

Cool addition to the site. I don't have a business in LEGO for an ad but I'm curious to get to know what businesses other people have.

Do you have the ability to add any tagging or metrics to the ads to measure performance? Your prices are likely way too low for the # of impressions you generate.

It does count impressions and clicks.  You can add Google ad code so you can track the campaign through Google Analytics as well. Ed and I don't ever really go to overprice things.  I think you can everyone can see that now :)   If you think we should raise the rates we will, but for now I would just like to people to get in and try it out.  We can always add more spots.

Don't want to step on your toes if it's something that you want control over, and its obviously super time dependent on ebbs and flows of my job, but I'm willing to help people who are in need of a ad and can't supply their own, come up with something creative. Out of the game for a few, but still photoshop/illustrator savvy enough to create something worthwhile... and free. :thumbsup:

EDIT - And for anyone questioning this advertisement space being worthwhile, don't bother. For a site that does this much traffic to offer an ad spot, this deal is much more than fair and will help drive traffic without a question. I'd jump in before they realize they can charge you MUCH more for the tremendous gains they are offering. :frantics:

• Like 1

Don't want to step on your toes if it's something that you want control over, and its obviously super time dependent on ebbs and flows of my job, but I'm willing to help people who are in need of a ad and can't supply their own, come up with something creative. Out of the game for a few, but still photoshop/illustrator savvy enough to create something worthwhile... and free. :thumbsup:

Oh no, any help is appreciated. I really appreciate the offer to help the community.

Oh no, any help is appreciated. I really appreciate the offer to help the community.

Not a big deal. The wealth of information here has been extraordinarily helpful to me and the community as a whole is surprising accommodating to new members despite the typical behavior on most forums around the internet. Anyway that I can give back to this community to allow it to continue to grow and flourish is worthwhile.

Yeah....hurry up and generate enough revenue so you can quit your day job and do this full time....  We get sick of waiting for upgrades :)

I am trying but I think it will still be a little while before that can happen.  It is good to dream though!!

Jeff, can you create a sample so we can see what one would look like on the site?

Here is an example of ads on the bottom of the forum index for a very busy and successful forum.  The ads can be animated, and say whatever you need to get your point across.  As you can see though, it can be quite eye catching to get you to notice and want to see what is going on at the shop, blog, etc. 

bp_1374635057__2013-07-23_23-02-30.jpg

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

Great idea, there is a lot of traffic on the site it will be awesome for advertisers. Is there a chance that we could pay for advertising with our brickpoints, say 30 day small banner for 10000 brickpoints etc. ?