When & where did you find out about BrickPicker?

I think I was googling Lego sets.  I was researching the UCS Slave 1 trying to convince myself to purchase it, wondering if I could put it off.  Lots of good information here, finding out about discounts before they go mainstream is great.  Thanks to all that put in all the research and data gathering.

I was wanting to find a way to pay for my hobby.  Thought about investing multiple times and found out another one of my Co-workers stopped working overtime because he was doing so well Lego investing.  If I can pay for a fun hobby to do with my sons, and maybe make a little more then this is a perfect fit.  I found you guys by googling "lego price guides."  I was trying to see what my old sets from 20 years ago are worth.  

On 10/26/2016 at 5:12 PM, Team Friend said:

I was wanting to find a way to pay for my hobby.  Thought about investing multiple times and found out another one of my Co-workers stopped working overtime because he was doing so well Lego investing.  If I can pay for a fun hobby to do with my sons, and maybe make a little more then this is a perfect fit.  I found you guys by googling "lego price guides."  I was trying to see what my old sets from 20 years ago are worth.  

This is the same reason I decided to start in Lego investing. Back in 2010 I met my wife and ended selling the small Lego Star Wars collection I had at the time.  I could not believe the prices I was getting for used sets when selling online.  I talked to my wife about investing in Lego and I have not looked back. I wanted a way to pay for my hobby and have something my son and I could do together when I am not at work. He has become an avid Lego fan like myself. I like the Star Wars line and he is more into the DC Superheroes.  I also am a big fan of the Marvel Superheroes, especially the sets that focus on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• 3 weeks later...

My memory is a little fuzzy, but think I first came across this site about a year ago.  It was referenced in an article discussing how Lego can out-performing stock market. Investments  I was intrigued, and signed up right away.  I had already been collecting sets and building MOC's for several years, and thought that Brickpicker really filled a void in what was out there as investing/selling goes.

I never really got very far into things before life got in the way and totally distracted me. I actually forgot I had even joined.

Fast forward to this past week, and I rediscovered the site.  This time I've been reading various posts and really enjoying what this forum has to offer.  While I'm still getting my feet wet and learning my way around, I appreciate all of the information those of you in the community have shared.  It's helping reconnect me to this awesome hobby, and is getting me to look at my collection in a whole new way.

Thank to all who make this site what it is!

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
30 minutes ago, sharppencil said:

internet search.

was looking for info on a particular set.  then BAM!  brickpicker, found the forum and here I am.

reading lots on the forum excellent info. 

ok got ask what set was it ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found it by doing a simple google search for lego forums (if that helps with your google adwords research:) , and your results were on the first page. The first option was the official lego site, but looked too fancy. One I am still waiting to hear back from if I am "approved" and another did not have the forum topics I am looking for as much. Yours seems to have more options for forum topics.

THank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I found out about brickpicker through Tom Alphins internet article: http://www.tomalphin.com/2014/02/buying-and-selling-used-lego.html

He quoted the community a few times and it got me curious about the website. The idea of the Lego market truly fascinated me after I read this article, and Id thought I'd get a little deeper by doing my own exploration. I'm excited to learn more, and I hope to achieve that by signing up here!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was hunting around for Star Wars sets during Christmas. Going to stores only to return empty handed. In any case, a kindred soul at the Target mentioned I should check out brickpicker.com....actually thought it was a store. But, after a quick google search to see what it was about and lurking here for over a month and a half, I decided to join. So, here I am...

Hello Brickpicker.com world!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I googled 'lego investing' or sth similar. I am still on the fence if I want to get deeper in lego 'investing'/reselling/arbitrage. I have 2 small kids, wife, full time job and 2 other business ventures. Not sure if i have enough time for the next venture. I do think it would be the most fun one and also the thing i could bond with my kids.

Also i think i might be too late to the game: so many people already doing it, so many sets to choose from..

Edited by demollo

• 2 months later...

I was watching Youtube videos about Lego investing (including some that I have now found out were posted by Brickpicker) when someone mentioned Brickpicker as one of the tools they used to establish pricing and sets that were likely to do well on the resale market. 

I do wonder about saturation of the market with Lego investing. Seems that many people are doing it, and while I suspect those who have been doing it for a while successfully will keep doing well, it might take longer (or not happen at all) for someone relatively new to the 'game'. 

Oh well. Worst case scenario... more Lego to build or give as gifts!