I want to get different opinions on what to do with this set - 6868 Hulks Helicarrier Breakout

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

I wanted to get a couple of people's opinions. I picked up 3 of these for $35 this weekend. While I don't think it is an amazing set, it has held it's value relatively well because of the Hulk figure. He goes for $25 or so on Ebay consistently.

I have two thoughts for the set:

1. Keep it as an investment.

2. Remove the hulk, try to get $25 or so for the set without him and the hulk will be the investment.

Opinions? Just trying to see different people's perspective and the way people invest differently.

I literally submitted a review on this set earlier tonight.
The Hulk is the set. The play features are a mish mash of portions of the Helicarrier (kudos to Lego for the Galaga reference in the set though), the jet small but neat enough and the other minifigures easy enough to get cheaper. Before I would have said just keep the set intact, though now I am tempted to say rip it apart and sell off the rest.

That being said, people are always going to want a Hulk fig. It is awesome! So the provided we don't see another Hulk for awhile (he won't show until Avengers 2 at this stage) it will be ok.

People only want the Hulk, but unless you don't have the storage room for the boxes, I don't see the point in removing the Hulk figures just yet.

If you think the rest of the set with Thor will net you the $35 investment back, that's when I would sell the set minus the Hulk. Best case you've held back on opening them and the MISB sets are in high demand in the future, I would think LEGO will always keep the Hulk minifig semi-rare.

My best advice: don't sell the Hulk figures until they make a licensed Bruce Banner.

People only want the Hulk, but unless you don't have the storage room for the boxes, I don't see the point in removing the Hulk figures just yet.

If you think the rest of the set with Thor will net you the $35 investment back, that's when I would sell the set minus the Hulk. Best case you've held back on opening them and the MISB sets are in high demand in the future, I would think LEGO will always keep the Hulk minifig semi-rare.

My best advice: don't sell the Hulk figures until they make a licensed Bruce Banner.

Thats an interesting point - I do like this. I have room for the boxes, but thinking about ways to keep my money properly invested - not rich. LOL

I think that so many of these sets were opened to part out the minifigures (particularly the Hulk) that this could well be very scarce in mint and sealed condition later down the road. At least that is what I tell myself when I want to open mine to get at the Hulk. It is really really hard not to open it. "Hulk Smash"

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think that so many of these sets were opened to part out the minifigures (particularly the Hulk) that this could well be very scarce in mint and sealed condition later down the road. At least that is what I tell myself when I want to open mine to get at the Hulk. It is really really hard not to open it. "Hulk Smash"

Ha I know right. I'm staring at 6 unopened boxes thinking. I could open just one, that won't hurt anything if I open just one! must resist temtation

I know this topis is a bit old, but with the new Hulk set coming out, and the Helicarrier set seemingly doing well right now, this may be the best time to dump this set if you got it pretty cheap.  With another Hulk Maxi coming out, you would have to think this set will take a dive when the next comes out even though I believe they have different pants, to many, that won't matter.