Are you stocking up on DC Superheroes Stuff?

Gondorian

I think the following sets are close to their end and will do well at Christmas if you are reselling them:

Catwoman Cycle

Power Armor Lex

Funhouse Escape

Batwing Over Gotham

Batcave

Do you agree? How many do you have?

I've got about 5 of each, so far.

I am heavy on Funhouse and Two Face Chase (more than 20 each).

I have 3 each catwoman, batwing, batcave.

I like the batcave and will get more from amazon.

I am really waiting to see the full line of next years sets.

I am heavy on Funhouse and Two Face Chase (more than 20 each).

I have 3 each catwoman, batwing, batcave.

I like the batcave and will get more from amazon.

I am really waiting to see the full line of next years sets.

Pretty much where I am at, just a smaller scale and more Batwings. I just think anything with the Joker in it is :money:

I think these sets will do well and I have several of each.  I'm holding on to them until next year, unless I see prices spiking this Fall.

Pretty much where I am at, just a smaller scale and more Batwings. I just think anything with the Joker in it is :money:

The Batwing is actually a nice little set.  The Batwing is great, the copter is cool, has The Joker and I love the Joker henchmen.  I actually bought a couple more Joker henchmen for my son from EBay for his set.

I have 1 of each (which will likely be for personal use) but have 3 Power Armor Lex and 2 of the Batman/Aquaman set for investment. I will get more Batman stuff for sure but the investment sets I have already were at a good price and contain JLA figures that are not otherwise available. Where else can you get the classic Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, or Lex? Plus you get the battle suit with Lex. If/when Warner Bros makes a JLA movie or a Superman movie with Lex in it these will be in hot demand, especially if no or few sets are made to tie into the movie. Look at Man of Steel and Iron Man this year. All we got were 3 rather lame sets per movie.

I also have 2 of the Joker funhouses. So many great minifigs and what a great set generally.

I think these sets will do well and I have several of each.  I'm holding on to them until next year, unless I see prices spiking this Fall.

The Batwing is actually a nice little set.  The Batwing is great, the copter is cool, has The Joker and I love the Joker henchmen.  I actually bought a couple more Joker henchmen for my son from EBay for his set.

I agree. It has taken a fair bit of self control not to have a mini "Joker army". They have been disappearing off the shelf here quickly, so it will be interesting to see what the market is like in the leadup to Christmas

Investment angle aside...I actually think that the Dynamic Duo Funhouse is the best small (-ish) set out there.  If someone says "Hey whats a good lego set to get for someone for a gift?" I would steer them towards this one.  It is just so cool, great minifigures, and a decent pricepoint.  If you add in the fact that it is an exclusive (and hard to find at that) well...I guess there are a few threads about that. 

• Like 1

I think the Arctic Batman and Lex Power Suit are great bang for your buck sets so I have 12 so far of each.  6 two face, a couple batwing, stash of Am Cycle/Batwoman, Fun houses, Spidey, Wolverine, Ironman sets..these superheroes theme won't go out of style.   

If I could do my purchasing/investing all over again I would probably just stick to SuperHeroes and exclusives/big modular sets. I would buy SW and LOTR stuff just for personal collection. 

Didn't emazer said the licence won't expire for a while...so we'll see these superheroes sets available for longer.  I just try to pick a few here and there when there's a decent sale. 

I think the Arctic Batman and Lex Power Suit are great bang for your buck sets so I have 12 so far of each.  6 two face, a couple batwing, stash of Am Cycle/Batwoman, Fun houses, Spidey, Wolverine, Ironman sets..these superheroes theme won't go out of style.   

If I could do my purchasing/investing all over again I would probably just stick to SuperHeroes and exclusives/big modular sets. I would buy SW and LOTR stuff just for personal collection. 

Didn't emazer said the licence won't expire for a while...so we'll see these superheroes sets available for longer.  I just try to pick a few here and there when there's a decent sale. 

Yeah, I heard from Ed and others that the Marvel license runs through 2015.  I don't know about the DC license.

• 1 month later...

Catwoman Cycle - About 12-15

Power Armor Lex - 15

Funhouse Escape - 20

Batwing Over Gotham - 10 or so

Batcave - 14

Not expecting huge rises like the older stuff but hopefully they retire this lot soon. I'd have to say Funhouse is the set i'm expecting the most profit on, given it's a great set with a good collection of mini figs.

I think anybody who sell's the Batcave during Christmas is making a big mistake, just to make $20-$30 on it is not good, and until I get the 2014 Wholesale list for 2014 "I hope i can get it" The batcave should be done at the end of the year, the batcave should be a 4200 set down the road, as for the Funhouse Knowing Toys R Us it seems they take there Exclusive's all the way until the License Expires. I will hold on to mine until they both retire and wait another year or so. But the main set is the batman Arkham, It will retire when lego does not have the marvel License anymore which should be 2015, unless they get it extended, I look at this set and other Sets as buying Gold. The Batman Arkham is selling for $160 a ounce, few years after it retires it will be $400-500 a ounce. This set is way bigger and better than the older one. But the Batcave and Funhouse will do good years from now, but the main focus should be on the Arkham Ayslum.

I haven't bit on a lot of this stuff bc I havent found it on sale. Grabbed 2 Batcaves and 2 Catwoman chase at 30% off, but can't find the two-face Chase on sale locally.

The only Batman set I found on sale was Batwing Battle Over Gotham City at Target for maybe $5-$6 off sometime around the end of last year. That Two-Face Chase is one Batman set I'm not sure how well it will do really. It is more of a personal preferance but I prefer classic black & white Harvey Dent, not the orange & purple one from Batman Forever.

I've been buying a few of the small/medium sets here and there, but there is no way I'm buying an Arkham Asylum anytime soon.  It's much more efficient to have my capital in something actually generating returns now or in the near future than having it tied up in a set that should be around for a couple more years.  When it does get close to EOL time, that's when to buy it, unless I can get one for a crazy discount.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been buying a few of the small/medium sets here and there, but there is no way I'm buying an Arkham Asylum anytime soon. It's much more efficient to have my capital in something actually generating returns now or in the near future than having it tied up in a set that should be around for a couple more years. When it does get close to EOL time, that's when to buy it, unless I can get one for a crazy discount.

This is the same reason I've avoided many of the exclusive sets, particularly the Death Star. Too much capital tied up that you can't do anything with for an extended period of time.