Are you stocking up on DC Superheroes Stuff?

Gondorian

I love the superheroes for investment purposes. Especially Wolverine Chopper Showdown (even though it's marvel). I also think that the Batcave will do great especially if you got them for a discount.

I think the set will be gold when it retires. I have been flipping them at full retail for awhile but definitely want more Wolvie sets.

I agree on the Batcave as well. I do thnk Lego have banked too hard on Batman thus far though for DC and should have been making some other sets.

The Marvel line is quite spread out.

I think I have about as much Marvel as DC now.  The Spiderman Cycle Chase and Bugle Showdown will do well EOL, due to the minifigs.  Everyone should have at least one copy.  I have about 8 or 9 of both. :)

I have been shifting across to Marvel more now as well, and putting Spiderman sets aside. People who question how these Super Heroes sets will do simply need to look at how quick the Captain America has jumped. 

I've been "stocking up" (I'm still small time") on DC batman sets as long as I find them on discount. I think these sets + marvel sets will be very popular for a long time. I haven't found any insane deals but quite a few batwings at $25, batcaves at $54, and others below MSRP.

For this yr, buy Batcave, Superman with Lex (Wonder-Woman), and Batmobile sets. I assume the Batplane is "ok" because of the Joker fig, Load up on these because newer DC sets will take their places prob starting in Jan '14 and Man of Steel sets will be out until at least Dec 2014. Regarding Joker's Funhouse, I can't even guess when TRU will have this retired since it is a moneymaker.

Not going to waste my time with any superheroes stuff except for Arkham. This stuff is so stockpiled it will sell for barely above retail for years to come (think MMV). I think people are expecting the performance of the older batman sets when nobody purchased them to resell but those days are long, long gone.

• Like 2

For this yr, buy Batcave, Superman with Lex (Wonder-Woman), and Batmobile sets. I assume the Batplane is "ok" because of the Joker fig, Load up on these because newer DC sets will take their places prob starting in Jan '14 and Man of Steel sets will be out until at least Dec 2014. Regarding Joker's Funhouse, I can't even guess when TRU will have this retired since it is a moneymaker.

Joker's henchmen are actually better minifigs than Joker in the Batwing set.

The only Batman set I found on sale was Batwing Battle Over Gotham City at Target for maybe $5-$6 off sometime around the end of last year. That Two-Face Chase is one Batman set I'm not sure how well it will do really. It is more of a personal preferance but I prefer classic black & white Harvey Dent, not the orange & purple one from Batman Forever.

I will buy all Batcave in Targets around me (5-7) by matching price with target.com ($49.50+Red card)....u can do the same.

I loaded up on The Batcave and Funhouse, but the main one every investor on here should really start getting is the Batman Arkham Asylum. its easy to buy one say every month if you have the money, some people will wait til they are about to retire and at that time you might not have the money to get 5-10 or more, and here is another set that people will be mad that they missed out on. I know some guys on here are buying them now and then. This should be a easy $400 set down the road.

• Like 1

I loaded up on The Batcave and Funhouse, but the main one every investor on here should really start getting is the Batman Arkham Asylum. its easy to buy one say every month if you have the money, some people will wait til they are about to retire and at that time you might not have the money to get 5-10 or more, and here is another set that people will be mad that they missed out on. I know some guys on here are buying them now and then. This should be a easy $400 set down the road.

The question is you said Arkham Asylm should be an easy $400, and Haunted House should be an easy $500, then why would we want to invest in Arkham Asylum given both sets cost around the same?  Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money to invest in Haunted House instead?  I am not against Arkham Asylum but it seems like Haunted House is a much safer bet.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Nobody really know's what they will be really going for say 3-5 years from now, If you think the wise move is to buy say just 50 HH or so do it, but I am buying alot of each, along with the R-2 Droid, Camper, Etc. but the main thing I am saying is don't wait to the last minute, if you have extra money get them.

I will buy all Batcave in Targets around me (5-7) by matching price with target.com ($49.50+Red card)....u can do the same.

My Target already sold out of Batcaves around the end of last month. Wish I could price match but, alas, that opportunity has been taken away. Thanks for mentioning the discount anyway as it is a good one.

Why buy 2013 released DC sets now unless there is a serious sale? Never pay retail which is what you would be doing buying Arkham now (even at 1 per month). Sets like Arkham will be around for another 1 yr (at the least). Personally, I rather invest in 2012 released sets which will be going EOL'd soon enough and are currently on-sale now, I also pick up a few 2013 sets like Arkham in lots of 2-5 every time there is a nice sale.

• 1 month later...

I am assuming you mean the hero factory style ones. Buy every iron man and captain America you can if they are at retail. The others I would also buy...but get the iron and caps NOW. I have a large stockpile of all these figures and they are rising in value. I was buying 5 pack cases of these when they were on sale. The iron man has tripled already.

Guest TabbyBoy

I am assuming you mean the hero factory style ones. Buy every iron man and captain America you can if they are at retail. The others I would also buy...but get the iron and caps NOW. I have a large stockpile of all these figures and they are rising in value. I was buying 5 pack cases of these when they were on sale. The iron man has tripled already.

You mean 4529?  If so, I bought 28 of these from The Entertainer at 25% off when they were already EOL.

• 2 weeks later...